How often do u buff your personal car?

Pitch Black

Reaction score
How often do you buff your personal car? I'm sure forum members recall that last year I went over the TSX after a body shop swirled up the body nicely. I'm wondering if a WG finishing glaze and LC white pad is too harsh of a combination to be completed once each year.

Weekly if not more. I'm just a hobbiest so that's all I have to work on. My wife says I need to stop going crazy with this, even on our daily drivers. I like to think our cars are the best looking ones in the parking lots at work.
I don't enjoy working the boat as much, but I try to give her love too at least once a month.

When I had my fun car...It was washed weekly when possible, washed and waxed once a month and FULLY detailed every other month. But thats because I was always going to shows and everything with it.

MachLighting.jpg

Weekly if not more. I'm just a hobbiest so that's all I have to work on. My wife says I need to stop going crazy with this, even on our daily drivers. I like to think our cars are the best looking ones in the parking lots at work.
I don't enjoy working the boat as much, but I try to give her love too at least once a month.
WOW!! I bet your ride/s do look great!! Are you using a diminshing abrasive of any type? What machine and pad are you using?

When I had my fun car...It was washed weekly when possible, washed and waxed once a month and FULLY detailed every other month. But thats because I was always going to shows and everything with it.

MachLighting.jpg
Nice stang....
What products were you using on the full detail? I'm not wanting to switch from Wolfgang products but I'm wondering if the finishing glaze is too harsh for yearly buffings.

Nice stang....
What products were you using on the fully detail? I'm not wanting to switch from Wolfgang products but I'm wondering if the finishing glaze is too harsh for yearly buffings.

It was already fully corrected, so most of the bi-monthly full details were hitting it with SIP w/ LC W Pad and then following up with Super Finish, then Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, followed up with Natty's Red. Then the engine bay was cleaned and dressed with Hyper Dressing

It was already fully corrected, so most of the bi-monthly full details were hitting it with SIP w/ LC W Pad and then following up with Super Finish, then Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, followed up with Natty's Red. Then the engine bay was cleaned and dressed with Hyper Dressing

Unfortunately, with school and such I don't get a lot of time on the forum. Can you break down SIP for me. Feed back please

MachLighting.jpg

Love that color. there is a Mach 1 who tries to race me on my way to work a few times a week. I told him to take it to the track, the last thing i need is a speeding ticket!:p

If you really are hitting your car with a buffer once or more a week I'd recommend you get a paint thickness gauge. Thats a lot of removal over time, even if you're only using light polishes non cutting pads.

Unfortunately, with school and such I don't get a lot of time on the forum. Can you break down SIP for me. Feed back please
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Love that color. there is a Mach 1 who tries to race me on my way to work a few times a week. I told him to take it to the track, the last thing i need is a speeding ticket!:p

Yeah I miss the mach. It was a fun car and in a good flat country area it could be heard from over a mile away... lol Im the MAN

Did a full detail once, now I clay and a finishing polish once a year. Weekly washes with ONR and wax every other month

If you need to use a correction polish more than once per year, I would revisit your wash/dry process.

Sorry, I was not specific enough. After I used the Wolfgang Twins and some sealant, I have been putting the liquid Souviern on the cars. I just wipe that on by hand so no power tools for that.

One reason I said I polish on my cars weekly is because I never have time to do an entire car so one weekend I'll do a wash and maybe the drivers side of the car, truck, or beater car. Next weekend, I'll do another area and so on. I've only been working with the PC XP and Wolfgang products for about 3 months so in another month I should have the paint on all the vehicles corrected and then it will just be time to maintain the shine with some wax.

Buff, as in machine polish? Once a year.

Yeah machine polish :buffing:using WG finishing glaze then WF sealant and LSP. Julius, the individual that puts the 3m materials on my cars, buffs his cars several times a year. Although, I'm not sure what products he uses. I don't want to remove too much clear coat.

Polished twice a year(fall, spring), unless the wife bumps into crap. LOL. Then washed every week regardless of how dirty it is. I usually wax both cars every 3-4 weeks.

Polished twice a year(fall, spring), unless the wife bumps into crap. LOL. Then washed every week regardless of how dirty it is. I usually wax both cars every 3-4 weeks.

Are you using finishing glaze twice a year with a light cuting pad? What speed are you using?

Are you using finishing glaze twice a year with a light cuting pad? What speed are you using?
I use dodo lime prime or 85Rd on my infiniti. The wife gets 106FA or power finish depending how bad it gets. My car is a garage queen and only gets driven on weekends. My wifes is more of a daily driver parked in lots all the time.

Back