Looking for a dressing that will NOT be slick

steamshooter

Reaction score
I'm looking for a dressing to put on my Dad's 2002 Suburban's running boards. It is pretty much a highway cruiser that lives in the garage. Dad runs it through a lazer wash and then uses a QD on it and that's all the care the paint has had. Mom has had both hips, and one knee replaced. I need a product that will not under any circumstances be slick. Extra points for a product that can do double duty on weatherstripping.

my worry would be in rain and incliment weather, if dressing sits on surface versus sinking in it could become slipperly.

optimum or 303 applied as per directions then wipe it down with a clean MF. and make sure the rubber/plastic part of the running board is thoroughly cleaned. exterior trims always looks better and seems to absorb better if it's free of all the grime. I use straight IPA or dilluted 50/50 with distilled water. I would lean toward 303.

IME UV products leave a surface slicker than it was. I have 303, DG 531, OPP, FK UV and DG 253. The FK is the best for running boards. I have the Megs Ultimate that Shane recommends but havent tried it on running boards yet. I will try it. IME the best compromise is to add 3 oz ONR to a quart bottle and add water. I spray directly on running boards and wipe off, Leaves a nice gloss and is not slick after. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old Tiger: Do you mean ONR as a cleaner and then just leave it be? I want to make sure I understood that correctly. That may be the ticket. I can't take any chances with my Momma.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old Tiger: Do you mean ONR as a cleaner and then just leave it be? I want to make sure I understood that correctly. That may be the ticket. I can't take any chances with my Momma.
Yes apply like a QD and wipe off. This is more concentrated than ONR at QD strength but it works for me and isnt slick. Wipe off until dry!

Megs Interior Detailer is all you need , unless your vinyl is in bad shape.

Back