PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Programmable Digital Tire Gauge Question

maxisiri
06-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi! Question about this Michelin tire gauge, when it says itīs programmable, you mean that you set a desire tire preasure in PSI and it pumps/releases air until you get the pressure you set? I donīt think it can be able to pump but I ask to make sure....What I think this programmable tire gauge can do is release air until you get the desired pressure.

Can someone that has this tire gauge or AG CS can clarify me this?

Thanks!

Matt S.
06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
The gauge doesn't actually serve any mechanical function in terms of air pressure. It simply reads the pressure, and the "programmable" aspect of is to store the recommended tire pressure.

Notice the psi reading on the top, and the "target" psi on the bottom.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2110_79240676

maxisiri
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Matt, thanks for your quick reply!!!! Do you have any tire gauge that releases pressure until you get to the desired value? Thanks!!!

Matt S.
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Nope, sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure if such a thing exists!

maxisiri
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Matt, I think it´s a very easy and nice feature....you know accutire guys...just advise them to go for this idea and we share a 50/50 ja!!!
Thanks!!!

ScottB
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM
could it also be a way to add in the last pressure read, thus you can tell if losing tire pressure over time ??

maxisiri
06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
could it also be a way to add in the last pressure read, thus you can tell if losing tire pressure over time ??

Nice idea Scott...ok...lets do 33% each, Matt you and me...ja!!! :xyxthumbs: May be Accutire can help us and build one...