First time detailing

molarman

Reaction score
well, finally did my first detail after listening to all the advice on the forum from you experienced guys. although it was a long process (13 hours to wash, dry, clay, polish with wg 3.0 swirl remover, finishing glaze, and sealant), it was well worth the effort and sweat. and for any of yall who have never been in texas in the summer, you dont know what youre missing! its been really hot here so soon, and even doing all this under a carport, you still do some heavy sweating. anyhow, i polished a 2007 ford ranger truck just recently purchased, and my wife and i are just too elated with the results. it looks like new! so thanks for all the good info you guys provide on the forum, and to autogeek for providing very informative videos, etc. as well as mike's vast wealth of knowledge. the only problem is now i have to do my wife's suv and my car. and also, she helped with the removal of the polishes and sealant right along beside me, and even provided me with cold water and a good supper!

Very nice. And every time you walk out the door and see it and smile, you can tell yourself, "I did that". Its the best feeling.

Detailing is not an easy task and if done correctly takes an entire day. Once finished the vehicle glows and this brings a whole lot of personal satisfaction....:buffing:

Don't forget the photos!! :props:

Detailing is not an easy task and if done correctly takes an entire day. Once finished the vehicle glows and this brings a whole lot of personal satisfaction....:buffing:

Don't forget the photos!! :props:
yea we like to look at our advice in action so pics please! lol

Yeah, I'd love to see some results. I'm getting ready to do a full detail on a '06 Dodge Ram 4x4 quad cab. I expect to use every minute of 12+ hours in my day. Since that too will be my first detail I'll take before and after pictures as best I can. LOL I'll try not to over saturate the board with pictures, but the other forum I'm on always loves pictures so . . .

:postpics:

:joking:

Back