Dtaling the headlights

abarmard

Reaction score
I have an Audi 2004 A8L and the headlights are getting a little hazy and oxidized. After a few research I bought this:
Meguiar's G1900K Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit
And will use it tomorrow. I was wondering if I should use 1000 (very smooth) sand paper on those ruff spots before using the above kit.
Any suggestions? By the way the chrome parts of the window trims are also getting hazy. How can I make them shiny again?

Thank you for the help,.A.

The Meguiars kit should be enough for your headlights (if your headlights are clouded over then wetsanding may be needed). As far as the chrome pieces (Neverdull and a lot of patience can be used). Then seal the pieces with something like Klasse AIO or equivalent.

I bought the Diamondite professional kit a few weeks ago, the professional headlight plastic lens kit from here at Autogeek of course. I already have enough LSP's, so why not pick up something that works, and i don't have to use my sandpaper, which makes the process faster. As soon as i use the kit, i will write a review. Plus i can offer that service to my customers.

Thank you for your advice,

I tried the above product, It did a decent job but the ruff oxidized area are still there. Can I use the wet sanding with 1000 grain sand paper now and retry the above product again? Can I use the same above polish for tail lights as well?

Thank you,
A.

@abarmard:

You can use 1000 grit wet paper and the Meguiars Kit. Also , you can use the kit on the tail lights.

Back