Using ARO as a tonneau top cleaner

rweekley

Reaction score
ARO is a vinyl top cleaner right? Anyone use it first to really clean their tonneau and then coat it with 303?

ARO is a vinyl top cleaner right? Anyone use it first to really clean their tonneau and then coat it with 303?

Don't know if you'd need ARO on anything short of a really grimey tonneau. I'd probably dilute it 3 or 4:1. Probably strip any LSP unless you can avoid runoff down the sides of the vehicle or remove the cover prior to cleaning.

I merely wash the tonneau with the same wash solution I use on the rest of the vehicle. Mine rarely gets really grimey though.

303 works great on tonneaus... right up until it rains. Then it's gone. I've had the best luck with longevity on exterior trim with Ultima Trim & Tire Guard. YMMV.

TL

I would think ARO would be okay to use. It might streak the paint so I would dilute it or be careful in applying it. You might try using a good APC like Poorboy's World APC.

I would think that the 303 wold be a good choice to protect but as the previous person said he found the rain washed it away. Maybe try a coat that you buff and let dry well.

Back