Tried souveran and fuzion...so what next?

slammin86

Reaction score
So I have used souveran and fuzion...what should I try now?

I have a phantom black metallic 04 GTO (see here http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/27566-i-detailed-gto-last-week-pics-inside.html) that I have owned since new. The car is now just a toy for me with a forged motor, some nitrous, and a few goodies. I love to keep it clean and swirl free.

That being said, I used zaino for the first 5 years of it's life. Late 09 I decided to try something new and picked up some stuff from here including pinnacle souveran and souveran spray wax as well as wolfgang 3.0.

Well, after putting 3 coats of souveran on my car I sold it. I did not like how it muted the flake or attracted dust. I loved the depth, and had my car been a solid color the souveran would have been a keeper and I would have dealt with the dust. I sold the souveran.

I picked up a fuzion mini tub a few months ago and had the chance to use it last week. I put a coat of wolfgang 3.0 on the car and let it cure for 18 or so hours. I love this stuff. So slick and has great depth and warmth for a sealant. Even after sitting in my garage overnight the car had no dust on it.

Well I then topped it with fuzion. I did a fender and half the hood and started inspecting it. I looked under dim light in the garage, halogen light, pulled it out and looked under sunlight to try to see differences. What it added was so minuet that no one other than myself would notice. I went ahead and did the rest of the car with the fuzion though and let it sit in the garage for a few hours. I went back out to look and the car had dusted like a mofo, and a lot of the slickness was gone. It did seem to get a tad darker/ deeper as it sat though.

Anyway, I sold the fuzion tonight, and until I find a replacement I am going to stick with the souveran spray wax (which I love) and the 3.0.

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Yes, stick with the 3.0 and spray wax. Once you find something that works, why change :)?

Yes, stick with the 3.0 and spray wax. Once you find something that works, why change :)?
Then how would you know if something else would work better?:xyxthumbs:

Well, I followed that theory thats why I stuck with zaino for so long. But I am glad I changed because my car no longer looks like plastic. It now has depth and warmth, but so far nothing has made the flakes pop like the zaino did.

Maybe there is still something out there for me.

Please be real. I am not dropping that kind of coin on wax.

I'm going to add a budget of around $100 for this.
Why not? Lifetime refills. If you wax frequently enough it comes out cheaper ;)

They probably realize that you will find something else if you don't have a problem spending thousands on car care products.

Well, I love this stuff. There factory is right around where I live.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax

Just because it's cheep, doesn't mean it doesn't work. If you want a great shine, that brings out color and leaves a slick surface. That is the wax for you. I have both Fuzion and Souveran. They are for a show car finish, not something your planning on driving everywhere... But that is just my opinion.

It's also very cheep, easy to apply... Although it smells like crap..

:dblthumb2: :iagree:

:) there must be some stipulation on lifetime refills right? Like so many times a year or something.
How long will it take you to use 22ozs? Not for commercial use.

How long will it take you to use 22ozs? Not for commercial use.

That's exactly what I was getting at. I didn't know anything about it but knew there had to be limitations. If no limitations you could empty that puppy out and get it filled again every day!

It would take me a very long time use 22 ozs

Also, a guy I know tuned me on to this wax a long while ago. He has a Lamborghini and a Benz.. (S600 Black) and last but not least a zr1. All of them are black exept for the lambo.. thats yellow.. its a Diablo.. He will only use Collinite. He has $$$, tried everything from Cristal Rock to 3M.. He is a car fanatic and sticks with Collinite... now thats what I call dedication.

BTW, this guy has a lot of $$$ but he is one of the greatest men you will ever meet, woulnd't be able to tell he had $$$.. until you see his fleet of cars lol..

If you like 845... and don't mind a paste you also might try 915.. its a pure white nuba instead of the yellow in the 845.

i like both for different reasons. The 915 has a little more durability per colinite

If you like 845... and don't mind a paste you also might try 915.. its a pure white nuba instead of the yellow in the 845.

i like both for different reasons. The 915 has a little more durability per colinite

True, but I like how easy the 845 is to use.. I usually never let the 845 go long enough to where it would wear off anyway lol.

but i will say sealants are almost always slicker then waxes... and attract less dust... I just do not like how smudgy WGDGS is

but i will say sealants are almost always slicker then waxes... and attract less dust... I just do not like how smudgy WGDGS is

They are.. but for a wax.. Col has got to be some of the slickest stuff out there....

I would also be interested to find a wax / sealant that brings out a flake better.. I like the Col.. but I am always looking for something better lol..

I am not a fan of Fuzion... I got sick the other day when I used it... but it doesn't help that I was licking it.. they need to stop making it smell like something I would LOVE to eat!! Im the MAN

Back