PDA

View Full Version : NXT 2.0 or OPT Poli-Seal under Collinite 845?

StoneRaizer
08-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of finishing up a paint correction on my '02 Accent with Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Polish II. I ordered some Collinite 845 because I wanted something that's inexpensive but has very good durability. I have some Meg's NXT 2.0 lying around along with some Optimum Poli-Seal that's coming in the same order as the Collinite. I was thinking of using one under the Collinite 845, but I have some questions:

1. What's the best combo - NXT/845; Poli-Seal/845 or two coats of 845?

2. After wiping off, how long should I let the first coat cure before applying the second?

3. I was planning on using Meg's DC2 pure Polish as a glaze to give the paint some extra pop. Poli-Seal has a mild abrasive in it so if I decide to use that is there any point to using the DC2?

sportscarhiatus
08-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Easy. 2 coats of 845. You get glow, warmth, and durability. Top one with the other. No need to mix. Besides, Opti-seal is not that impressive. As far as waiting for the 2nd layer of 845, it's a nuba, so no need to wait to cure like a sealant.

FinalTouchAuto
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
OTC product or not, I've always been a fan of NXT 2.0...always leaves me pleased.