Best products for metallic blue paint

quantim0

Reaction score
I am looking at hurting my wallet again this week with another AG order. I have been reading here and people seem to think that certain lines of products look best on certain colors.

So I PC'd my car a few weeks ago and topped it with just P21s wax. I want to get some sealent on the car first and then wax. Just to add to the durability and shine.

One question is what's the difference between Klasse AIO and a typical sealent, such as Wolfgang or Pinnacle? And is it worth it to have both types on hand. What's the difference between a sealent, glaze, pre-wax cleaner? Also which wax will make my metallic flakes really pop? I don't care if it's Soveran or Natty Blue in terms of price.

Also I just QD'd my car with PB S&G. I was using the purple cobra mf towels. I looked in the lights in my garage and there were all these little fibers stuck to my car. I hit it again with S&G and it didn't seem to get it off. What is this stuff and how can I make it stop? Thanks everyone.

Here's my car's color in case it matters.
DSCN0744.jpg

Last edited:
AIO is an acrylic cleaner/polish with some level of protection though I would not recommend it alone for long term protection. It's real strength is as a paint cleaner/base for most any LSP whether a sealant or carnauba wax. SG is the product in the AIO line up that is designed for long term protection and is very good at what it does though some feel it is a little difficult to work with. Don't let this thought by itself scare you away from using it. When put on as a thin coat or when using the WOWO method it isn't hard to use and provides superior protection to virtually anything on the market. Of course you'll find those who believe that Zaino or DuraGloss is the best protecting sealant but it is tough to beat SG. AIO is a great product to have on hand for all types of LSP preparation. Here again there are those that claim Werkstat's or ColorX do this job better, AIO is tough to beat. Wolfgang and other sealants are typically designed not only as an LSP with a shiny/glassy appearance but long term protection. If you are looking at something that looks good on a darker blue it's Souveran though some feel it mutes the metal flake slightly. Most carnauba's will do this to some degree. I'm a carnauba guy but if making a metal flake pop would probably look to a sealant to do it. DP and Wolfgang's are excellent sealants that won't break the bank. DuraGloss is also good in this area. When it comes to a great looking wax Souveran is a very good choice.

I'm sorry on the towel issue I don't know what to tell you if you are pre-washing the towels before using them a quality MF shouldn't be shedding on you. You're probably reading this thinking this guy is covering his butt by telling me all of the possibilities that might look good on my car. The truth is that there are a lot of waxes, sealants and combinations that will make your car look great and any of the products I've mentioned would do it, but I'll stick my neck out here. Prepare your finish properly, wash, clay, polish as needed then put a coat or two of DP Shield on as your sealant and top it with Souveran. You not only have great protection but it will look spectacular, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will try both of the Klasse products, some DP shield and get Max Wax as the thread the killrwheels posted seems to think that it is the best over a blue metal flake. I guess I'll try to see what combo works best on my car/color. It can't hurt to have a ton of different sealents/glazes/waxes can it??

Up goes the CC balance.

Pinnacle Signature Series II on that bright blue. Period.

Put it on top of some DP Surfaceshield for even more drool worthy results.

Also on that bright blue, a sealant will take away from a bright and deep look. If you want to go for looks, XMT Glaze then Pinnacle Signature Series II.

For protection and looks Duragloss 105 toped with Aquawax.

Last edited:
Back