PDA

View Full Version : DP Waterless Wash or Poor Boys Spray & Wipe??

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I love DPWW and am running low. AG has the qts on BOGO! Now they also have PB S&W 20% off for a gallon! The price difference for a gallon is insignificant. I have heard good things about PB S&W. Has anyone tried both and have a preference? Any input is appreciated!

redg35
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I use it and like it but you have to completley dry it or you will get streaks.That is pb s@w.

mcpp66
08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
I've used both and I like them a lot.........but I do prefer DP. However, for that much of a price difference, right now I'd go with PB.

mtnbiker
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I use ONR diluted

Bunky
08-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I use both.

DP Waterless behaves like a detailer in the sense it seems to stick to the paint upon application. PB's S&W tends to not stick but runs so a very light spray is better. PB's seems to dry easier (less streaking) because of this. I cannot tell which cleans better or has better lubricity.

hondajake
08-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I use PB's and like it. I use it more for wiping up dust and stuff than actually waterless washing.

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I love DPWW and am running low. AG has the qts on BOGO! Now they also have PB S&W 20% off for a gallon! The price difference for a gallon is insignificant. I have heard good things about PB S&W. Has anyone tried both and have a preference? Any input is appreciated!

I use it and like it but you have to completley dry it or you will get streaks.That is pb s@w.
The DPWW doesnt have that issue so +1 for DPWW!

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I've used both and I like them a lot.........but I do prefer DP. However, for that much of a price difference, right now I'd go with PB.
With DPWW on BOGO I can get 4 qts for about the same as a gallon of PB. +2 for DPWW.

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I use ONR diluted
ONR diluted to clay lube or more still doesnt work to clean as well as DPWW. DPWW clings better to vertical surfaces IME. ONR New Version is safer than DPWW when used as a Rinseless in a couple gallons of water. Try the DPWW while its BOGO. I think you will see its place as a tweener . I wish I could explain it bettter.

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I use both.

DP Waterless behaves like a detailer in the sense it seems to stick to the paint upon application. PB's S&W tends to not stick but runs so a very light spray is better. PB's seems to dry easier (less streaking) because of this. I cannot tell which cleans better or has better lubricity.
Thanks Al, that closes this for me. Gonna order more DP!

Old Tiger
08-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I use PB's and like it. I use it more for wiping up dust and stuff than actually waterless washing.
I think you would really like DPWW. I alwways follow it up with a QD or Spray Wax.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-20-2010, 08:49 PM

You may be using too much product.... we actually say right on the bottle "the less you use the easier and better your results will be" Try putting less on and that streaking issue should go away :xyxthumbs:

hondajake
08-20-2010, 09:46 PM
You may be using too much product.... we actually say right on the bottle "the less you use the easier and better your results will be" Try putting less on and that streaking issue should go away :xyxthumbs:

I just lightly mist. Works perfect.

Streetlife
08-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I just lightly mist. Works perfect.

Me too. That's just one advantage of using high quality detailing products, less is better, saves you money too.Im the MAN