PDA

View Full Version : Compound and Polish comparison question.

jcarson112
09-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Through my research on the site here I really like the Pinnacle XMT series. That being said I also noticed that on the Compound cut comparison chart (Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)) that the XMT series has the same cut levels as the Griot's garage polish system.

My question is, would/could I expect the same or vary similar results with the griot's system and my PC?

I ask this question as I live 10 minutes from the Griot's HQ and could save myself shipping costs, along with a slightly cheaper price.

I would appreciate a non-biased opinion. I know we can all become very loyal to our favorite products ;)

Mike Phillips
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I've never done side by side comparisons of the two polishing systems using control, that is the same type of paint, the same type of defects, the same pads, the same everything but products but my guess is they would be close enough that the more important factor would be using good technique no matter what product line you use.

Technique is such a HUGE factor...

:)

Setec Astronomy
09-02-2010, 06:34 PM

As we used to say at a now apparently defunct forum: "process > product"

Fortunately, there are *so many* good products here at Autogeek, and *so much* expert advice :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I also noticed that on the Compound cut comparison chart (Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm))...

Looking at that chart...I'm sure you guys have plenty to do without me making work for you, but there's a number of polishes in the AG inventory not represented on the chart, most notably the new Optimum sprays, but also some of the Menzerna products and it looks like Meg's UC and Swirl-X are also missing. Sure would be cool if the blanks could be filled in some time :)

jcarson112
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I've never done side by side comparisons of the two polishing systems using control, that is the same type of paint, the same type of defects, the same pads, the same everything but products but my guess is they would be close enough that the more important factor would be using good technique no matter what product line you use.

:)

I agree with that sentiment. I only have experience with wolfgang duo (great results). Saw the vids on the polishing section using the XMT products and also enjoyed the results. Then I happened across the chart and thought about how close I live to Griot's.

I guess AG is a blessing and a curse. So many fantastic products, so little disposable income to try them all ;)

Maybe I'll do a 50/50 or 33/33/33 comparison on the hood of my old Subie wagon that gets no love ;)

mcpp66
09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Looking at that chart...I'm sure you guys have plenty to do without me making work for you, but there's a number of polishes in the AG inventory not represented on the chart, most notably the new Optimum sprays, but also some of the Menzerna products and it looks like Meg's UC and Swirl-X are also missing. Sure would be cool if the blanks could be filled in some time :)

+1