What are your favorite drying products and why?

Old Tiger

Reaction score
For me its the HD Guzzler because its not too big, it blot drys best of all Ive ever used, one will do an SUV in a pinch and the gold color shows any contamination easily so I can see I goofed and get a clean one. How about yours? Blowers or anything else like a blower or chamois or MF welcome!

I am a big fan of my california Jelly blade. it usually removes about 70% of the water on the vehicle.

After that i follow up with my Guzzler and we're all dry.

Waffle weave. No particular brand. All work well enough.

Jelly blades are asking for scratches.

Waffle Weave towels
Air compressor for nooks and wheels

i allways mist q/d on the paint wet then i dry with a nice microfiber towel .this works great . the q/d helps with drying alot and leaves a nice slick surface after words

I just discovered Prima Hydro and I am in love with this stuff. It's a polymer wax-as-you-dry product. You wash the car & rinse it off the same as always but before you dry each panel off you mist it with the Hydro. Hydro makes drying a lot faster. I didn't have to wring out my microfiber drying towel nearly as much and it leaves the surface slick & smooth. It can also be used on dry paint.

ultra-soft waffle weave, leaf blower, QD, and a soft microfiber towel...

I sheet off the water by final rinse method and then use a blower!

Afterwards, a soft microfiber to lift off any left over water spots.

Works really great! :D

i used to use a jelly blade all the time, i just wipe it off really quick after every pass so if there was any dirt left then i am not going to keep wiping it on the paint. really the only time i consider using it now is on a car that has no protection at all that the water just stays on the paint. if you have used a jelly blade and felt the actual blade you would realize that it would not scratch or mar on a finish that has been washed and rinsed correctly. but if you have a surface with an LSP on it and you sheet the car, there is hardly going to be any water on it anyways.

Leaf Blower and some Green Guzzlers ... just looked out window and caught my neighbor using his !

I prefer waffle weave for final drying but use leaf blower for majority of water.

I sheet off the water by final rinse method and then use a blower!

Afterwards, a soft microfiber to lift off any left over water spots.

Works really great! :D

The same here, I just add PBs QD, Aquawax or Mothers spray wax

Kobalt wall mount wet/dry vac with 21' hose reaches all the way around my car and the hose is a lot lighter than a leaf blower with plenty of drying power.

Back