Red Tang stain in light grey carpet,,,,,Help!

bodavenport

Reaction score
I have a client that brought me a truck with a three day old stain from what is basically red kool aid, she it with OTC carpet cleaners and I am at a loss, I have Opt. APC (opticlean) but would that work? Should I grab some Folex or is there something better out there I can readily grab. The stain is kicking my but right now

Definitely pick up some Folex, it's only like $5 at home depot. I think heat and multiple chemical/agitate/extract passes is your best bet. Good luck!

What is he an astronaut? Who drinks tang? Oh and yea, Folex

There is some red stain remover that you can buy, spray stain, put a folded dry white terry cloth over the stain. If you don't have a steamer, you can use an iron and place on terry cloth and try heat on it. The stain should lift up into the terry cloth. Scrubbing the stain may just make it larger. Are u sure the stain is kool aid? I think as was mentioned above is correct: I think heat and multiple chemical/agitate/extract passes is your best bet. Good luck!

Check out a product called "Red Relief"

red_relief1.jpg

where can you get red relief?

Janitorial supply stores or online. Jon-Don

You can also PM Autogeek member "MobolWerks" as he seems to have good knowledge on cleaning unique stains like this.

Assuming Tang stains are similar to koolaide I learned this exact trick in a detailing class I took although I admit I have not tried it ........
"
Kristen has “THE red koolaid/gatorade stain getter outer”:
Mix equal amounts of ammonia and hot water. Spray the stain. Take a towel and place over the stain. Go over the towel with an iron on its highest setting and watch the stain transfer! It was amazing. I did this 5 or 6 times over the stain and it was gone. It was an old stain too! Test in an area first.''

Good luck!

Rasky is the winner here. Whatever it is about red coloring and carpet staining, stuff like Folex never works.

Interesting. Now you have me trying to remember if I ever had to remove a red stain with Folex!?

I own a carpet cleaning company and am also a certified spot and stain removal technician. You have to use a specific red dye remover for those kind of spills. The same chemical that is in red drinks like this is very similar if not the same as what is used to dye the carpets at the carpet mill. The other crappy thing about this kind of spot is that even after removing it has a real high possibility that it will only be lightened by the cleaning chemical. Good luck.

I own a carpet cleaning company and am also a certified spot and stain removal technician. You have to use a specific red dye remover for those kind of spills. The same chemical that is in red drinks like this is very similar if not the same as what is used to dye the carpets at the carpet mill. The other crappy thing about this kind of spot is that even after removing it has a real high possibility that it will only be lightened by the cleaning chemical. Good luck.

I agree. The people recommending Folex are misguided when it comes to red stains. Don't get me wrong, I love Folex, but it will not get out red stains. TOTL has a dedicated red stain remover. Even steam won't do it in my experience...I don't know what makes those stains so damned nasty. I haven't bought any yet, but I need to. I have tried some very strong chemical cleaners on red stains and nothing has worked. One of the few products I have yet to buy.

Back