Menzerna SIP dusting problem

LegacyGT

Reaction score
I spent the day yesterday using Menzerna SIP and a PC w/ Orange at 5 and I had a really hard time with dusting, to the point it was literally snowing in my garage. The only way I could prevent it from dusting was to prime the pad with a ton of pad conditioner before every 2x2 section. I was not able to get the working time I desired and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

The ambient temp was around 70 warming to 80, with 55-65% humidity, the car surface was @ air temp and had spent all night in the garage. I pre-primed the pad with product and pad conditioner. I used a healthy 'x' for each 2x2 section like this:
1009400456_HcdL3-L.jpg

I was doing fairly slow methodical passes, but I couldn't get more than about 4 or 5 before it started drying up. Any suggestions, or if not, other products that would work better? The results turned out amazing, only I had a ton of dust to clean up off of everything afterward.

I should add this is not the first time I have had dusting problems with Menzerna. I know it is supposed to be a low dust product, so I must be doing something wrong.

Were you using the same pad over and over or did you switch to a fresh pad every other panel or so? Sounds like you were using the same pad over the whole car.

Keep your pads primed......use at least 2 to 3 pads per vehicle to reduce dusting, for example do one side per pad, the hood and roof with another pad....I am a huge fanatic for Menzerna products !! I love the stuff

Were you using the same pad over and over or did you switch to a fresh pad every other panel or so? Sounds like you were using the same pad over the whole car.

I used 2 pads on the car switching half way through. I was using a cleaning brush / 'cleaning on the fly' pretty often. It seemed the pad was just bone dry the whole time.

Back