PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen the new BMW Frozen Gray Paint?

Pages : [1] 2

NorthernVaBMW
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Check it out. Matte gray, no shine. Owners are REQUIRED to sign a "maintenance agreement" to never polish, wax, or run the car through an automatic car wash or even strongly rub it with anything. The vehicle's warranty won't cover any damage due to owner neglect and all exterior repairs must be performed by a BMW-authorized shop.

BMW North America (http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/experience/newsfeed/post/2010/06/17/The-2011-BMW-Frozen-Gray-M3-Coupe.aspx)

Looks cool, but probably would be a nightmare for the compulsive detailer... waking up at night in a cold sweat because you can't wax your car ever.

fancyfootwork
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Someone already posted about this awhile back..

Sounds like one of the dumbest things BMW has ever came up with.

NorthernVaBMW
09-19-2010, 04:35 PM
It's sexy, limited edition, and high maintenance. So BMW has found a way to charge a premium for uniqueness and sell to people who either will keep the car locked in a garage or don't know what they're getting themselves into. I love the look, but personally I wouldn't want a vehicle that I'm afraid to drive.

Must be like dating a super model... exclusive, pretty to look at, but expensive, high maintenance and always worried that someone else will touch it.

Cliffnopus
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Must be like dating a super model... exclusive, pretty to look at, but expensive, high maintenance and always worried that someone else will touch it.

And when it gets to the stage that you don't care if someone touches it, it's time for a trade in for a newer model. :xyxthumbs:

Cliff

Shade Tree
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
BMW has offered limited colors forever ........ it's called Individual.

Obviously, anyone who's afraid to drive it isn't going to buy it. :dunno:

Shade Tree
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Someone already posted about this awhile back..

Sounds like one of the dumbest things BMW has ever came up with.

How do you figure? Sometimes you guys post without putting much thought behind it.

How is it dumb to offer a limited production color? Nearly every auto manufacturer has done this at some point ........... sheesh.

NorthernVaBMW
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
How is it dumb to offer a limited production color? Nearly every auto manufacturer has done this at some point ........... sheesh.

And as a matter of fact, this is a precursor to a new series of paint finishes and colors that BMW will be rolling out. This frozen gray is a market test.

Shade Tree
09-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I obviously have a soft spot for BMW.

NorthernVaBMW
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
I obviously have a soft spot for BMW.

Me too. I've had 15 of them. Sad, but true.

Mindflux
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Alright, you two lovers go have your stroke-a-thon via PM already.

Shade Tree
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Me too. I've had 15 of them. Sad, but true.

Lol!
I'd say BMW has a soft spot for YOU then. :props:

Shade Tree
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Alright, you two lovers go have your stroke-a-thon via PM already.

Nice mindset you have ....

Mindflux
09-19-2010, 09:48 PM

It's not just MY mindset. A lot of BMW 'owners' seem to get put in this category. Dash Strokers, etc.

Buckskincolt
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM
He was just upset He could not recommend a Zaino product in this thread.:cry:

Mindflux
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
He was just upset He could not recommend a Zaino product in this thread.:cry:

Not at all. There's apparently no safe recommendation for this paint anyway, according to BMW.