Lsp removal after wash..

jcarson112

Reaction score
I've always just done a super concentrated dawn wash but was on auto pilot today and forgot. Is there an easier way to do this without rewashing?

I've always just done a super concentrated dawn wash but was on auto pilot today and forgot. Is there an easier way to do this without rewashing?
Do an IPA wipe down, mineral spirits or use a paint cleaner.

Last edited:
Do an IPA wipe down, mineral sprits or use a paint cleaner.

I think I am just going to start following you around the forum so I can keep using this emoticon: :iagree:

Do an IPA wipe down, mineral sprits or use a paint cleaner.

A paint cleaner or mineral spirits wipe down will usually work.

I don't find IPA wipe downs to be really all that effective at removing LSP's, especially sealants.

+1 on mineral spirits. Not all "paint cleaners" are alike.

Heh thanks guys. I figured I would just give a nice 100% IPA at 91% a go. Worked well.

Klasse AIO will remove old LSPs but will lay down a new one in the process.

Klasse AIO will remove old LSPs but will lay down a new one in the process.

But the new one is not long lasting or substantial, and a separate LSP would be recommended after using Klasse AIO.

But the new one is not long lasting or substantial, and a separate LSP would be recommended after using Klasse AIO.

Isn't that the point of removing the original LSP and applying new?
I want to remove what i have on my car now and if KAIO will remove it and lay down a temporary protection until i put a sealant or Nuba on top isn't that better than using say mineral spirits,IPA etc.Is there a down side to this approach.
Feed back please

Thanks

Isn't that the point of removing the original LSP and applying new?
I want to remove what i have on my car now and if KAIO will remove it and lay down a temporary protection until i put a sealant or Nuba on top isn't that better than using say mineral spirits,IPA etc.Is there a down side to this approach.
Feed back please

Thanks

If you lay down a layer of acrylic, you have to polish off the layer of acrylic before you reach the clear coat for correction. If you lay down the acrylic and top it with an LSP it just adds protective qualities.

It depends what you intent is; if you want to polish, I wouldn't recommend stripping the LSP with AIO. If you want to go straight to LSP, an AIO would be beneficial.

It depends what you intent is; if you want to polish, I wouldn't recommend stripping the LSP with AIO. If you want to go straight to LSP, an AIO would be beneficial.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,i guess i should have explained that no correction was needed just wanted to remove prior LSP/Sealant and start with a fresh sealant either KSG or WGDGPS then possibly top with a nuba.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks,i guess i should have explained that no correction was needed just wanted to remove prior LSP/Sealant and start with a fresh sealant either KSG or WGDGPS then possibly top with a nuba.

:xyxthumbs:

Okay easy answer, KAIO will do everything you need it to. And if you top it with KSG you will smile at the results. They make a great combo.

Okay easy answer, KAIO will do everything you need it to. And if you top it with KSG you will smile at the results. They make a great combo.

Indeed, the "Klasse Twins" as they are commonly referred to is one of the most popular combinations around.

Back