PDA

View Full Version : My first full detail - 2009 Subaru Tribeca

highgrade
11-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I did my first full detail on my '09 Subaru Tribeca. It took about 15 hours from start to finish. During the wash, my 8 year old son participated. He then got to run the vacuum.
I did the rest.

Washed using DP soap
I got the Wolfgang Foamaster. At the connection joint, it leaks so bad that I am tempted to send it back. I will have to invest in a power washer because that foamer device is just a nightmare to use...totally disappointed with it.

Wolfgang Clay (first time since the car was new. It took a long time and every part of the car needed it)

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover using Flex w/ orange pad. The spider webs and fine scratches came out. I was happy with the initial result but my arms were getting tired!

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze using Flex w/ blue pad. (when wiping off with the microfiber cloth, the cloth was squeaking across the paint. I figured that meant it was clean) :)

Wolfgang Paint Sealant using Flex w/ red pad (how do you clean this pad when finished?)

Next morning, using Pinnacle Spray wax and wiped down with mircofiber cloth

Leather seats cleaned with Leatherique. I got this after reading many posts on the forum and I thought if I am going to do things right, this product would be good. You all that use it were right...this stuff is simply awesome. I am very happy with how it works and the seats look great!

I purchased the 303 protectant but it was really shiny and slippery. It reminds me of ArmorAll.
In any case, I had a free same of DP Interior Clean spray. That DP cleaner is excellent! I might give away the 303 and use the DP instead from now on.

To finish up the interior (vinyl and plastics), I used the Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber protectant. I really like this product as well. It smells good and it leaves a satin finish which is much more to my liking.

Glass was cleaned with Diamondite glass cleaner. Outstanding product! Even my 5yr old daughter made a comment today. "Daddy, the glass seems so shiny!". A kudo I was happy to hear.

The tires are treated with tire gel.

Every product used on this car was proudly purchased from Autogeek. The decision on products were made by reading the forums and reviews.

Feed back please

LuxuryMobile
11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Sounds like you covered it all. Looks good. I really like that color.

highgrade
11-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds like you covered it all. Looks good. I really like that color.
thanks for the comment blackz! We like the color too.

Curious...what is the avg time it takes to do this level of detail by someone that does this for a living? What is an "acceptable" length of time?

LuxuryMobile
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
It all depends really. Vehicle size, condition, goals of detail, etc. But I think your time spent is appropriate. You will see details that are around 40 hours and some that are just 3-4 hours. If you enjoy it then I never see a reason to rush.

WestEnd
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey Great Job!!!

Funny, while looking at your pics I was thinking the trees, grass, etc looked like home. HAHA Then I saw the CO mountains on your license plate, guess that explains why. LOL

Hey just for bigger impact and makes it easier to see, here are two articles on your photo gallery and posting pics to the threads. Makes your work look a lot better too ;) If you want, it's really easy.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21313-how-insert-image-your-photo-gallery-into-your-message.html

Shane731
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Very nice! Looks great! :dblthumb2:

Just curious, as you didn't mention it, what did you use to clean and dress your tires, wheels, and wheel wells?

highgrade
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Great Job!!!

Funny, while looking at your pics I was thinking the trees, grass, etc looked like home. HAHA Then I saw the CO mountains on your license plate, guess that explains why. LOL

Hey just for bigger impact and makes it easier to see, here are two articles on your photo gallery and posting pics to the threads. Makes your work look a lot better too ;) If you want, it's really easy.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21313-how-insert-image-your-photo-gallery-into-your-message.html

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I will take advantage of the gallery. I will also do some before and after photos. I have a few of my Subaru but they don't show anything worth writing home about.

Very nice! Looks great! :dblthumb2:

Just curious, as you didn't mention it, what did you use to clean and dress your tires, wheels, and wheel wells?
I used the Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protection on all outside trim as well as interior.
There may be a better product for outdoor vinyl....I don't know.
For the tires, I used the Forever Black Tire Gel Dye Kit (from AG site)
The wheels did not get any special attention other than the bath....I did use a brush and wash rag using the "elbow grease" technique.

LegacyGT
11-08-2010, 10:47 AM
As for cleaning the WGDGPS out of the pad, lots of hot water, then I run it through with Dawn, then DP Pad Cleaner.