PDA

View Full Version : KAIO left in car overnight with sub-40 temps

newb001
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
So I accidentally left a bottle of KAIO in my car last night, parked outdoors, and the temp dropped to a low of 36 (I think). So it didn't break freezing, but there was pretty close and there was lot a lot of frost on the car. Any idea if my KAIO is ok?

Munich77
11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I would just shake it up. I doubt you degraded any of the chemicals.

IOMCAMARO
11-07-2010, 10:43 PM
One night shouldn't hurt the product unless you're extremely unlucky. I've left my products in 30-45 degree weather for the past week or two because I didn't have anywhere to put it in the house, but now I have brought it in. It is still just fine.

ShineTimeDetail
11-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I left all my stuff in my trunk and garage not knowing it got down to 25* I sure hope eveythings fine because I just upped on everything and have gallons of everything lol!

BobbyG
11-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Most products do not freeze at 32F due to their formulation of non water-based ingredients. Also the temperatures inside the car or garage will be slightly higher due to their ability to retain some of the days warmth. This warmth combined with some insulation nearly guarantee this for short durations of cold temperatures.

Shake well before using.............but I think it says that on the bottle anyway..:props:

newb001
11-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Shake well before using.............but I think it says that on the bottle anyway..:props:

Thanks everybody! And yes, it does say that on the bottle :)

dougaross
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I left all my stuff in my trunk and garage not knowing it got down to 25* I sure hope eveythings fine because I just upped on everything and have gallons of everything lol!

It has to be at 25 for quite awhile. Think how long it takes to freeze an ice cube tray in your freezer at 0 degrees.

Mike Phillips
11-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Here's a general guideline for all liquid paint care products...

If after exposed to extreme cold or heat, if the product has a uniform appearance and consistency after shaking well, it's probably okay to use as normal.

:)

newb001
11-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Here's a general guideline for all liquid paint care products...

If after exposed to extreme cold or heat, if the product has a uniform appearance and consistency after shaking well, it's probably okay to use as normal.

:)

Thanks. Unfortunately KAIO is not in a clear bottle so I don't know what it looks like... :( I'm going to assume that 35 degrees outside (probably bit warmer inside car) for a few hours didn't cause any harm. Once I'm ready to next apply it, I'll make sure to shake extra well, waste a little in a clear cup to make sure it looks ok, then proceed to use it as normal.

Emile
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
It should be fine. Since Klasse AIO (& SG) are water-based products with no abrasives or oils, they can generally take a lot more temperature abuse, as well as sit on your shelf for a lot longer and still stay perfectly good as the day you bought it.

ANeat
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I had some Klasse sealant/glaze delivered today, I work 2nd shift so its sitting on my porch at 15 degrees for probaby 6 or 7 hours, hopefully it wont be a block of ice......

BobbyG
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Adam,

Bring it inside and let it warm up to room temperature, maybe a little higher. let it sit overnight then shake it up the next day and you "should" be OK. Let it set again and once it's open check it and see if there's any separation and if not you're good to go.

A4 1.8tqm
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
waste a little in a clear cup to make sure it looks ok, then proceed to use it as normal.

Waste? Why not use it? :xyxthumbs:

ANeat
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey Adam,

Bring it inside and let it warm up to room temperature, maybe a little higher. let it sit overnight then shake it up the next day and you "should" be OK. Let it set again and once it's open check it and see if there's any separation and if not you're good to go.

Thanks Bobby, hopefully the nice blanket of foam peanuts will help :props:

Im curious to see if its "solid" or not