Huzzah for Mother's

akimel

Reaction score
I would like to give a thumbs up to a product line that does not, IMHO, receive the level of appreciation that it should--Mother's. I have only used a few of their products, but I have been impressed by each of them, both by their performance and their value. My favorites:

1) FX Tire Shine: FX has become my tire dressing of choice for the low profile tires of my S2K. I prefer water-based dressings, but water-based dressings, as you know, typically provide a low-gloss look. But I think my low-profile tires look a tad better with more gloss. Hence my dilemma. Do I stick with water-based dressings, or do I move over to soolvent-based dressing? FX offers me a nice compromise. It begins with a higher gloss than the usual water-based dressing, but (unfortunately but inevitably) quickly fades into a deep satin finish. And at $7 for a 24 oz bottle, it has to be one of the most economical values around!

2) Reflections Tire Care: before FX this was my favorite dressings for my S2K. It gives a lovely satin look. And again, look at the price: $8 for 24 oz.

3) Reflections Car Wax: IMHO, this is, for the money, one of the best synthetic OTC sealants that you can buy. One of the local professional detailers introduced me to it. He loves it because it never gives him any problems. My experience with it confirms his experience. Reflections brings excellent clarity and excellent reflectivity. It is superior to its OTC competitor, viz., NXT. Unfortunately, it is not found locally in most places.

4) Fender well brush: works great!

And no, no one has paid me for this advertisement!

mothers has great products andtwo faves of mine are the fx tire shine and spray wax. been using these since they first came out, and while i use others products too that serve the same purpose, these both do just as a well of a job...

I use the tire brush and fender well brush. Both work great.

I have a can of Mothers pure Carnuba paste thats about 14 years old that I just pulled out of the pile and put it on a white Silverado! Definately a super glossy carnuba....maybe not the deepest in look but the high gloss looked great on the white....almost like another layer of clear! Truck looked super!

I have tried a few Mother's products in the past that I didn't care for. Because of that, I haven't tried anything from Mother's since. Like Meguiar's, I doubt that everything in the Mother's lineup is "the best", but this is a product line I have failed to give much attention to. There is a place in Pigeon Forge next to Smoky Mountain Knifeworks called I.R. Cheap. I know, weird name, right? It's a little tool place. Anyway, they have pretty much every Mother's product - the towels, the brushes, wheel cleaners, waxes, window cleaner, tire shine - if it's Mother's branded I think it's there. Even the professional grade products. Pretty cool really. Priced about what everybody else prices Mother's products at. If I wanted to try out Mother's products, that's where I would go. Only about 45 minutes or so away, too. :xyxthumbs:

My favorite Mothers products:

• Mothers Clay (especially since I got them on sale for $4 ea)
  • Showtime
  • Mothers Foam Core Waffle Weave drying towel
  • Reflections
  • FX Spray Wax - priced less than many super detailers but more durable (weeks not days)
  • Reflections Tire Care
  • Mothers Power Cone - don't get to use it enough
  • Mothers Cleaner Wax - use on plasticized chrome

Mothers mag and aluminum polish is my fovorite. I use it on non-clear coated aluminum rims. Makes the surface shine like chrome. It is the best product that I have found to maintain the shine on my Corvette wheels. :dblthumb2:

Mothers mag and aluminum polish is my favorite. I use it on non-clear coated aluminum rims. Makes the surface shine like chrome. It is the best product that I have found to maintain the shine on my Corvette wheels. :dblthumb2:
I second that. I just used the polish on the chrome tips on my brand new exhaust system. To my 46 year old eyes they looked better after I was done.:dblthumb2:

I noticed 5 stars on the reviews here, I concur.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish is a renowned metal polish, legendary in detailing and car collecting circles. The polish is safe on aluminum & mag

I tried Mothers All Wheel and Tire cleaner, it works for me. If your wheels are a little caked with brake dust you may have to scrub. From the looks of most of the vehicles on this site, it looks like they are well cared for so the cleaner could be a spray on and hose off. The product doesn't go a long way so I spray it on and use a brush to spread it around, this way doesn't use as much. I only have access to regular consumer products here so this is a good product for me.

I concur that Mother's tends to not get much attention. This past year, I traded in my long in the tooth DD (almost 200K). I had done a full detail at the beginning of the Summer but wanted to do a quick clean-up for trade. I clayed and used an old bottle of Cleaner wax (by hand) and was pleasently impressed for the results. If fact, I used the Cleaner Wax on the headlamps (not bad but a touch of yellowing) and it cleaned them up as well. I think many of us have started out with their OTC 3 step system and/or cleaner wax and they are still excellent products. I've been wanted to try the Powerball system as well.

Back