Spray Wax Recommendation

IID

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendation's on a spray wax for the winter (Just want to try something new).
Spray waxes I have used so far :
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (looks outstanding)
Optimum Car Wax (Lil' streaky in cold weather)

My preference would be something that has:
Appearance,Ease of application (customer details),Durability(Winter).NOT necessary in that order.

I was entertaining the thought of trying:
Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156
But not liking the idea of gallon sizes,in case I'm not happy with it.

Any other idea's Feed back please

I have tried several. My two favorites are Pinn Souveran, and DG AquaWax...

I have tried several. My two favorites are Pinn Souveran, and DG AquaWax...

I was looking at the DG AquaWax,price is nice.
How are the Appearance,Ease of application,Durability?

I was entertaining the thought of trying:
Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156
But not liking the idea of gallon sizes,in case I'm not happy with it.

Any other idea's Feed back please
Give Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax a try first if you do not want to buy the gallon size. According to Meguiar's, UQW is the same thing as their new X-press spray wax with the exception that they changed the smell and color in order to put it in their Detailer line of products.

I really like UQW and will be buying the gallon size of the new X-press spray wax. However that is the only spray wax I have tried.

I was looking at the DG AquaWax,price is nice.
How are the Appearance,Ease of application,Durability?

I really don't consider spray waxes to be much for durability. However from what I understand Optimum Car Wax seems the most durable, but I too found it to be somewhat streaky. With that said, AquaWax definitely stands up to appearance, ease of application. I really can't speak to the durability aspect as I ony use spray waxes after washing as a drying aid and to boost exisiting LSPs.

I think Pinnacle Souveran spray wax is good choice and deep, OCW is gloss paint.

I've used two spray-on waxes, Souveran and Griot's. Griot's is the easiest of the two to use, looks great, and smells awesome (bananas). I'm not sure about durability because I use it on my wife's car after every wash.

I think Pinnacle Souveran spray wax is good choice and deep, OCW is gloss paint.

Like I mentioned above:

I want to try something new.
Spray waxes I have used so far :
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (looks outstanding)
Optimum Car Wax (Lil' streaky in cold weather)

Just looking for some other option's. ;)

What Tad sez plus Four Star are my favs!

I am currently using FourStar for tire dressing.Have to consider FourStar Ultimate Spray Wax Plus.
Thou it is a bit more expensive than the DG Aqua Wax.
FourStar ($17.99 18oz),DG ($8.99 22oz)

So far new waxes to consider:
DG AquaWax
Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax
Griots
FourStar Ultimate Spray Wax Plus

i've been using SmartDetail from SmartWax, smells like bubble gum. i like it better then Meg's quick wax

i've been using SmartDetail from SmartWax, smells like bubble gum. i like it better then Meg's quick wax
EXT_102-2.jpg

Never heard of it?

I am currently using FourStar for tire dressing.Have to consider FourStar Ultimate Spray Wax Plus.
Thou it is a bit more expensive than the DG Aqua Wax.
FourStar ($17.99 18oz),DG ($8.99 22oz)
You are right Chris. I have boosted DG AW with Polycharger H2O with great results & better durability . Corey has validated this by test. I got the PC on sale for $25 and it makes 2 gallons. Boosted DG AW is as good as Four Star but adds to the cost. I would try the new Megs Synthetic AExpress @ $32 a gallon.

Back