PDA

View Full Version : What are the nasty products you still use?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 06:45 PM
For me its Megs All Season Dressing for the Ford wheel wells . Greasy and stinks, but leaves a nice gloss finish that will last a month. Iron X is another, but it doesnt have a pleasant competitor. What are your nasties?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I can't stand using products I don't like. They either sit on the shelf, I'll give them away, or throw them away.

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I can't stand using products I don't like. They either sit on the shelf, I'll give them away, or throw them away.
Mark, I love how well it works. Its just not a product you open up and take a deep whiff.

IID
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I use Sonax wheel cleaner on customers wheels that really need it (works good for severe applications),but that stuff smells NASTY.

Another product that works well is CG Bare Bones for dressing the wheel wells but is a PITA to clean any micro fiber used to blend it.It has a tendency to leave a solvent like film on everything.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Mark, I love how well it works. Its just not a product you open up and take a deep whiff.
Ahhh, ok, so you're referring to smell/texture.

Excessive Detail
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I know this has nothing to do with your post, but were did you get the Iron X from, I have been really wanting to try that stuff, but cant seem to find it. Back to your post, connelly leather dressing, looks lick a mess in the jar, put still does amazing stuff to leather.

For me its Megs All Season Dressing for the Ford wheel wells . Greasy and stinks, but leaves a nice gloss finish that will last a month. Iron X is another, but it doesnt have a pleasant competitor. What are your nasties?

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I use Sonax wheel cleaner on customers wheels that really need it (works good for severe applications),but that stuff smells NASTY.

Another product that works well is CG Bare Bones for dressing the wheel wells but is a PITA to clean any micro fiber used to blend it.It has a tendency to leave a solvent like film on everything.
I use the Sams and throw away after a few uses.

Old Tiger
11-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Ahhh, ok, so you're referring to smell/texture.
Yeah. It works better than Griots Undercarriage IME! Smell is strong and lingers a day or so.

Devo242
11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
+1 on Aquartz IronCut/IronX, it makes Sonax Full Effect smell pleasant by comparison.

Grizzly
11-21-2010, 11:30 PM
I like the ASD but the smell gives me a headache.

APC Plus isnt so great ay 4:1 either.

Emm
11-22-2010, 06:19 AM

Bare bones is good stuff smells great too (grapes) I use it on my tires to.

SeaJay's
11-22-2010, 07:44 AM
SuperClean! I use it on tires and wheel wells and that stuff you can't breath in. It literally stings so bad and you will hack your brains out!

I even use it diluted 1:4.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Bare bones is good stuff smells great too (grapes) I use it on my tires to.
I think this stuff has a way too greasy texture.

daveinsweethome
11-22-2010, 10:46 AM
still no lead on where to get iron x?

Old Tiger
11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
still no lead on where to get iron x?
You have a PM.