Wd-40

Truls

Reaction score
Is this the same as you guys/girls use in the wheel wells?
How do you do it? just spray and leave it, or do you wipe it of with a towel or something

IMG_2582.jpg

:) A good idea.....never used it for that purpose but if i did?? i'd wipe it down after using,,otherwise it would be dripping all over;)

I use something cheaper than WD-40 and looks better. I get the 4 pack of "No Touch® Wet’N’Protect™ “Wet” Tire Finish from Sam's club for $10.00. It isn't the foam, just a spray.

It goes on black and last a long time, and it doesn't attract dust and dirt like the WD (oil) will.

I use the one in the black aerosol spray can.

Russell

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Meguiar's All Season Dressing and I spray it in and let it dry. If I am careful with the spraying, there is no excess to drip. Lasts couple weeks and makes it look very black, the way I like it. :)

BTW RFulmer, don't think you can post that link, the mods will delete it if you don't see this. Just telling you for future reference, I'm not trying to be a ^*%& <<< fill in word of choice.

I use a quality APC (DP Exterior Cleaner) and a good brush to clean. I then followup with a cheap can or aerosol tire shine.

BTW RFulmer, don't think you can post that link, the mods will delete it if you don't see this. Just telling you for future reference, I'm not trying to be a ^*%& <<< fill in word of choice.[/quote]

Sorry about that. I didn't know. I guess I should have read the rules closer. Won't happen again.

RLF

I use Armor All tire foam, cleans good and leaves a black matte look. I've used Meg's Insane Shine aersol spray as well as I hated it on my tires and figured might as well use the can for something lol.

never used WD-40 on wheel wells and would not recommend it. It basically is oil, and it will atrack dust like crazy.

I've used it for a long time in the wheel wells, and sometimes in the engine. Dripping wise, just make sure you just spray a light coat on it, and you'll see barely, if any, dripping... Very good product and super-highly recommended!:righton:

Joey:cheers:

supercharged said:
never used WD-40 on wheel wells and would not recommend it. It basically is oil, and it will atrack dust like crazy.

It will, but it'll also make it easier to remove, and also, for those of us who live in the north, will be great since snow will not stick to it!:applause:

Notes- use cautionif you use WD-40 as it contains strong hydrocarbon (aliphatic) solvents, which may compromise non-neoprene rubber, it is also highly flammable (easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames)
Don’t let it drip onto the brake pads as they will become ineffective and / or grab and squeal
Material data sheet (MSD) - http://www.wd40.com/Brands/pdfs/msds-wd40_aerosol.us.pdf

Alternative product- Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision

Back