First time with 845 IW

WEST SIDE

Reaction score
Wow what a great wax i don't know why i waited so long to try it.I used KSG on my wifes DD (silver durango)about a month ago and since she finally washed it this weekend i felt that i had to get some wax on it.I've owned this wax for over a year and after re-reading the reviews i figured i'd give it a go. I used the hot water trick and shook it until it was the consistency of wgdgps 3.0 it really did apply/remove like a sealant and the look was wet looking,add the durabilty factor and wow.I do have several other waxes liquid souveran,max wax,p21s but i think this was the right choice for looks and durabilty.

Sorry no pics it was getting dark when i finished.

Couldn't agree with you more! Plus for the money you can't go wrong! It's cheap and it gives a great look and the durability is awesome! I used it for my winter prep this year!

I couldn't agree with you more! This is a fabulous product at a great price. It goes on super thin and doesn't need to haze prior to buffing.....:props:

For a great bang for the buck, 845IW can't be beat. It looks great (especially on light colored cars), has great durability, and is easy on, easy off. A must have for winter climates.:dblthumb2:

I've been singing this hymnal for years. No one seems to listen. It doesn't have to cost a fortune always to find a great performing product :buffing:

For a great bang for the buck, 845IW can't be beat. It looks great (especially on light colored cars), has great durability, and is easy on, easy off. A must have for winter climates.:dblthumb2:

Barry, my freind request has been sent. I have no freinds here so far :cry:

Barry, my freind request has been sent. I have no freinds here so far :cry:
Hey Flash, I'll never forget the PM that you sent to me when my best friend died. You sent me an offer of friendship, support, a shoulder to cry on with a phone number attached!! While I may not have used the phone number it was such a nice thing for you to do. You have a friend in me. Friendship request sent.

So that this is not completely off topic, it's 33 degrees here today and I will be using #845 on the Toyota Pickup truck I start detailing today. What a terrific wax for under $20.

Hey Flash, I'll never forget the PM that you sent to me when my best friend died. You sent me an offer of friendship, support, a shoulder to cry on with a phone number attached!! While I may not have used the phone number it was such a nice thing for you to do. You have a friend in me. Friendship request sent.

So that this is not completely off topic, it's 33 degrees here today and I will be using #845 on the Toyota Pickup truck I start detailing today. What a terrific wax for under $20.

Anytime you need an ear to bend or someone to just listen, I'm there. Glad everything is going well for you :props:

Sorry to here about these terrible working conditions, but really, its not that bad. Just dress in layers and work facing the Sun :) Look at me, a rebel trying to tell a yankee how to keep warm Im the MAN

You do now Flash!!!

Look at me...2 freinds I have now :awesome:

Amazing product!!! esp at the price!! I really love how salt and winter grime come right off with a quick blast from the hose! IMHO it is one of the best looking waxes on lighter colors also!!!

I definitely do not believe that there is any other detailing product that is better than 845IW in terms of "bang for buck" performance in terms of looks and durability. This stuff kicks butt.

I definitely do not believe that there is any other detailing product that is better than 845IW in terms of "bang for buck" performance in terms of looks and durability. This stuff kicks butt.

As everyone said great long lasting,good looking and inexpensive wax,so my question is why pay more for high end waxes?i guess other waxes are based on color of vehicle and the wet factor because it can't be for durability.I did just purchase and used Fuzion ($99.00 special)on my 04-T-Bird color Merlot that had 2 coats of wgdgps on it,yes easy on easy off car looks great but can't help to wonder how it would look with 845 iw on it.The car didn't need the durability because it's a weekend warrior and garaged.
icon6.gif

Wow I gotta say, I am officially a believer in 845IW. Used it on a customers Mazdaspeed 6 tonight and it looked great! He loved the look of it and it left the paint feeling super slick. Easy on, easy off too!

I use it on my BMW wheels (18" mesh Style 5 replicas). These wheels look AMAZING when there clean. They look ehh when there dirty + they are very time consuming to clean.... So I rubbed some 845 one em about 2 months ago. Now soap and water is all it takes to make it look like I spent all day cleaning them.

I Absolutely love 845. PS, it looks great on the BMW's white paint...

I just didn't find it "pretty" enough.

I prefer #26 on light colors as an LSP.

I just didn't find it "pretty" enough.

I prefer #26 on light colors as an LSP.

Meguiar's #26 is a tried and trued wax and has been around for long time. I used #26 for years and it does leave the finish with a nice shine but the one thing it lacks is longevity.

My personal experience with Collinite 845 has been very good. Silver and lighter colors benefit from it nicely and it lasts "about" 4 solid months. This is one of the reasons it's gained a tremendous following. That and the price makes it quite appealing to many.

Hey Flash, I'll never forget the PM that you sent to me when my best friend died. You sent me an offer of friendship, support, a shoulder to cry on with a phone number attached!! While I may not have used the phone number it was such a nice thing for you to do. You have a friend in me. Frindship reqeust sent.

:help:

Meguiar's #26 is a tried and trued wax and has been around for long time. I used #26 for years and it does leave the finish with a nice shine but the one thing it lacks is longevity.

My personal experience with Collinite 845 has been very good. Silver and lighter colors benefit from it nicely and it lasts "about" 4 solid months. This is one of the reasons it's gained a tremendous following. That and the price makes it quite appealing to many.

I'm satisfied with the longevity of #26 especially boosting it after washes with MUQW. That being said, I still don't think it's a match against IW.

If I had to endure harsher winters I'm sure 845 would be in my arsenal, but down here its rare that I don't reapply #26 at least every other month.

I'm satisfied with the longevity of #26 especially boosting it after washes with MUQW. That being said, I still don't think it's a match against IW.

If I had to endure harsher winters I'm sure 845 would be in my arsenal, but down here its rare that I don't reapply #26 at least every other month.

I don't' blame you at all! This is all about what works for us personally or what we consider "Best". :props:

Back