Pinnacle SMT swirl removers.

STI4Life06

Reaction score
Okay so I noticed in the AG store there is a video on how to use the Pinnacle XMT swirl removers. I was going to detail my car today that has some fine swirls. I was going to use XMT #2(fine swirl remover) and then go straight to the XMT finishing glaze, sealant, then wax. The video says to use XMT#2 then use XMT#1 and then do the finishing glaze. My question is, is it okay to go straight from XMT#2 to the finishing Glaze or do I have to use the XMT#1 (ultra fine swirl remover) before I do the finishing glaze? I understand that XMT#2 is more abrasive then #1 but will it hurt anything to skip #1?

Edit can a mod change the title to say "XMT" instead of "SMT"? Thank you

I've gone straight from XMT#2 to a LSP or AIO/LSP with no adverse effects. When I first started I went from XMT#3 to XMT#1 before sealing. Even XMT #3 does state on the bottle that a finishing polish may not be necessary. Do a test spot and monitor your results and you'll know if an extra step is needed.

I've gone straight from XMT#2 to a LSP or AIO/LSP with no adverse effects. When I first started I went from XMT#3 to XMT#1 before sealing. Even XMT #3 does state on the bottle that a finishing polish may not be necessary. Do a test spot and monitor your results and you'll know if an extra step is needed.

cool thanks for the info!

My question is, is it okay to go straight from XMT#2 to the finishing Glaze or do I have to use the XMT#1 (ultra fine swirl remover) before I do the finishing glaze? I understand that XMT#2 is more abrasive then #1 but will it hurt anything to skip #1?

You can go from #2, to the finishing glaze. #2 will leave the surface smooth. I once had to finish down (on a hood) with #2 (then #1) after being very aggressive with #3. I used a 4'' orange LC pad with a considerate amount of force for about 6-10 passes. The finish was left in a ''milky'' type state, but very consistant throughout the whole hood :xyxthumbs:

I've used #2 many, many times, then went straight to LSP :xyxthumbs:

:buffing:

You can go from #2, to the finishing glaze. #2 will leave the surface smooth. I once had to finish down (on a hood) with #2 (then #1) after being very aggressive with #3. I used a 4'' orange LC pad with a considerate amount of force for about 6-10 passes. The finish was left in a ''milky'' type state, but very consistant throughout the whole hood :xyxthumbs:

I've used #2 many, many times, then went straight to LSP :xyxthumbs:

:buffing:

cool good to know...I actually just ended up trying the XMT 360 today.It didnt really get rid of the swirls very well though but, it was okay and gave it a good shine.. I will try the #2 and then the finishing glaze once its above freezing again ;)

Back