A complete guide to Exotic car detailing - by KC's

kc's

Reaction score
IMG_4590-1.jpg

Remember how this horse was prepare for his knight
P1100410.JPG

Correction title should be spelled as Nürburgring
IMG_4609-1.jpg

5 months ago I was asked to detail this beautiful German Marque ....
with the limitation of time .........a month months later.. ...i did a lighting speed interior detailing the interior & hood area....
to read more
Car detailer: Wanna a great looking interior - pit stop speed

sorry Bud let you waited 5 months ya......u know the reason for this season

most commonly problem any Germans ride face here.....my buddy thought Malaysia is too hot...so hot till our weather melts the knobs ....

Most probably you don't find in any other car maker ...as they are not rubberised

P1110344.JPG

this is a very common known issue in other German Marque Machine ....esp in E60s, E90s...many many many more...it is build for 4 season climate ...perhaps tropic is too hot

P1110023.JPG

ta da
P1110346.JPG

It is only clean with Power clean & microfibers !!!! Many refuted my claims of this de-rubberised detailing - makes no sense & got the wrong picture after :-

knobs are misleading... you took a picture of the left one for before and then the right for after.....they were in two different conditions... you can see that on the picture when you see both...

I'm just curious how u restored the rubberised a/cond knob in the 997. The before and after pics don't tally, the bad one is on driver's side...show us that one after u rescue it, not the one on passenger side

Hmmmmmm
p/s i do not get paid for showing you this : when i showed this to the the owner ''We have a good crazy laugh"
but in order to state our claims ...yes

before
P1110343.JPG

Now
IMG_4676-1.jpg

close up shot
IMG_4674-1.jpg

5 months later on the left knob - still remains
IMG_4677-1.jpg

The car is made of lighter materials that means less energy is used.......and with the amount of curves as well

good looking from far away shot.....
P1100412.JPG

but close up & under sunlight...ta da

our hidden enemy is being revealed

SWIRLS
P1100368.JPG

SWIRLS mostly is created....by homo sapient rather than mother nature or environmental treats

P1100378.JPG

many caused by the cloths we use to wash & dry / techniques of strokes - material make off & worn out cloths (microfibers alike)

P1100381.JPG

Swirls too on the D pillar
P1100378.JPG

front 1/4 panel (Clear bra - vinyly wrapping alike to protect against stone chips)

LAhNWUNgpCIeUTT09AlSBrwPy3YK2C0se-DgRc07Z1A

this pics was taken 5 months ago prior clear bra removed - visible swirls
P1100405.JPG

the owner decided to unwrapped his present - otherwise it is like driving an unwrapped present around...

more visible clear bra wrapping
P1100368.JPG

now the hidden swirls shown once this clear bra remove
IMG_4450-1.jpg

my buddy told me , the moment this clear bra was removed - the swirls already pre- existed

more swirls found now

IMG_4456-1.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

pic before bath & lots of wax & polish residue found
IMG_4395-1.jpg

IMG_4398-1.jpg

IMG_4399-1.jpg

IMG_4407-1.jpg

IMG_4444-1.jpg

on the emblem area
IMG_4410-1.jpg

plus the clear bra - residues , left an uneven paint on the coat
IMG_4424-1.jpg

more residue of paint unevenness -left after the bra removed
IMG_4419-1.jpg

hidden wax residue on the d pillar - open sesame
IMG_4441-1.jpg

We clayed most of it , lube with ONR No rinse wash & power clean out the residue

over 2 man hours just on the roof lining rubber - cleaning the tedious area
IMG_4442-1.jpg

More residues - means more head ache - another hour over just to clean & polish with a special tool called "cotton bud" M105 & M205 was use for this job

IMG_4503-1.jpg

IMG_4504-1.jpg

took us over an hours to get the residues & stains out of it

after

IMG_4567-1.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

moving to wheels cleaning
IMG_4427-1.jpg

the least aggressive & effect way cleaning - thanks to ONR

callipers
IMG_4429-1.jpg

premixes ONR sprayed

clay
IMG_4438-1.jpg

Question ?

Is there such a need to used Acids wheels cleaners or harsh degreaser to clean? which may endangered & chances of damaging our expensive - most of the wheel is painted & clear coated as well....

as for me i did by ONR wipe on & wipe off & walk away

IMG_4603-1.jpg

IMG_4604-1.jpg

brushing hard to reach area
IMG_4432-1.jpg

IMG_4600-1.jpg

PAINT CORRECTION :-

after a good good bath
IMG_4365-1.jpg

moving on to Paint correction
IMG_4367-1.jpg

but what is there to correct....Many would say "what's wrong & what is the need of car detailing ?????? - as the car look great & have nice reflection

lets take a closer look
IMG_4451-1.jpg

under proper lighting - i imitated the sunlight by this halogen flood light

IMG_4497-1.jpg

side wheel arch area

IMG_4448-1.jpg

scratches
around here & there & every where
P1100396.JPG

a long scratch got it from a side parking near the bushes next to a thorny plant bouganvilla
more scratches by bouganvilla
IMG_4377-1.jpg

more
IMG_4378-1.jpg

IMG_4382-1.jpg

tar remover which remove the paint as well -
IMG_4374-1.jpg

more

scratches at the rear bumper - which the owner specific to corrected

IMG_4383-1.jpg

IMG_4383-1.jpg

before
IMG_4451-1.jpg

a 50/50 area set to show before & after corrections
IMG_4456-1.jpg

before
IMG_4457-1.jpg

after
IMG_4458-1.jpg

in between
IMG_4469-1.jpg

before
IMG_4472-1.jpg

after
IMG_4473-1.jpg

for once
IMG_4479-1.jpg

now
IMG_4480-1.jpg

another area damage while some contamination cleaning done in a wrong way
IMG_4570-1.jpg

for it always takes a cobbler to know his tools

IMG_4573-1.jpg

before
IMG_4569-1.jpg

after being corrected
IMG_4585-1.jpg

lower 1/4 bumper before
IMG_4575-1.jpg

after
after being corrected
IMG_4585-1.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

moving on to the top - as it is always says - hard to reach the top
IMG_4508-1.jpg

plenty of water stains
before
IMG_4538-1.jpg

IMG_4542-1.jpg

scratches as well

IMG_4516-1.jpg

ta da

IMG_4539-1.jpg

sunroof
NOW this the 2nd hardest part to detail - - as it is on a different composure material - which i believe is make of fiber glass - having a tropical water stains is an almost an IMPOSSIBLE task to remove -

would you believe - it takes an hour plus to detail

IMG_4512-1.jpg

another 50/50 % comparison on the sunroof
IMG_4534-1.jpg

before
IMG_4508-1.jpg

a 50/50%

IMG_4532-1.jpg

ta da
IMG_4533-1.jpg

another secret exposed

when we lifted the diamond logo clear bra tag
IMG_4616-1.jpg

we found
IMG_4615-1.jpg

Are we there yet - the donkey ask Shrek while the sat on the journey to the castle

IMG_4598-1.jpg

IMG_4599-1.jpg

IMG_4618-1.jpg

scratches before

IMG_4386-1.jpg

now
IMG_4632-1.jpg

very very soon
IMG_4633-1.jpg

a few more pics before rolling off the road again

IMG_4606-1.jpg

IMG_4610-1.jpg

IMG_4638-1.jpg

IMG_4624-1.jpg

IMG_4625-1.jpg

IMG_4647-1.jpg

gave another ONR wash & protected by
IMG_4687-1.jpg

imagine after 10 1/2 hours of detailing - all you want is to complete the job with any big effort & effective protection on the paint

I did it in 20 minutes with this help

Menu for the day

tools - plenty of all assorted brushes, microfibers , Makita rotary, Pads & wools

-ONR Wash - with 3 microfibers (before after clay & after each compound & polish) 4 onr wash + 1st shampoo washed diluted with Optimum power clean to strip all waxes

-O Power Clean - (1:1 used as degreaser, 3:1 to remove hard stains like algae, 5:1 paint cleaning & emblem cleaning - remove waxes, 8:1 door jams & stickers remover)

-Clay & ONR as QD for clay (2 ounces for 500 ml water) - many many clays & patience is our reward

paint corrections
- M105 & Lake country double side wool (fast & quick) (makita spread 1 & progress to speed 3)

-Level up by M105 & Lake country double cutting pad (makita spread 1 & progress to speed 3)

-Paint glossed with OHSP & Meguiars soft bun polishing pad (makita spread 1 & progress to speed 3 & regress to speed 2 & finish with speed 1)
-Finishing by OHSP with LC glazing pad (makita spread 1 & progress to speed 2 & regress to speed1 slightly lifting the rotary - slow is the key word to let the product work out)

Protected by
Optimum Opti seal (25 minutes) on all exterior , window & glasses & Optimum Car wax (5 minutes)

Interior Power clean & leather conditioner & O Leather Protectant

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rear Engine hood - another hard to detail area
before

IMG_4401-1.jpg

IMG_4558-1.jpg

it is easier & as taking extra precaution over narrow area by taping each level to prevent coincidently scrap
IMG_4563-1.jpg

ta da
IMG_4709-1.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
interior detailing

Tools - plenty of bristle hair brushes +one and only Optimum Power clean - tada ( i would not leave home for this joB- dilutes to suits yr job need ) I dilute 1:5

wipe off with onr & microfibers

later is condition by leather condition
IMG_4672-1.jpg

IMG_4686-1.jpg

interior is protected by optimum leather protectant against UV never claim a dressing product
IMG_4679-1.jpg

P1110407.JPG

(a spray on , wipe off & walk away) is good for all interior plastic, vinyl & rubber

a special edition techo meter too is protected by leather protectant
IMG_4680-1.jpg

IMG_4681-1.jpg

IMG_4682-1.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++now a corrected ride

IMG_4644-1.jpg

IMG_4651-1.jpg

check out under proper lighting
IMG_4456-1.jpg

oppss wrong pic

IMG_4730-1.jpg

thank God it is not there
now

IMG_4692-1.jpg

close up before
IMG_4448-1.jpg

now
IMG_4698-1.jpg

Great write up and pics! keep up the good work! :xyxthumbs:

IMG_4711-1.jpg

IMG_4710-1.jpg

wheel is protected by an effortless wax - spray on wipe off & walk away
IMG_4715-1.jpg

tires is protected by tire shine
IMG_4714-1.jpg

remember before
IMG_4504-1.jpg

ta da
IMG_4668-1.jpg

remember this pic
IMG_4590-1.jpg

ta da
IMG_4591-1.jpg

the hardest area to detail & if you have been thru one
before
IMG_4512-1.jpg

now
IMG_4704-1.jpg

safely now to show whether in day or by night
now after detail

IMG_4650-1.jpg

check it out again

IMG_4691-1.jpg

before
IMG_4479-1.jpg

now

IMG_4694-1.jpg

now
IMG_4699-1.jpg

this too
IMG_4609-1.jpg

ta da
IMG_4613-1.jpg

before

IMG_4497-1.jpg

ta da

IMG_4717-1.jpg

cheers to all my kind buddies & cherish our detailing- ship together...i would sincere loves to be with you - if time & places permits to join you in your detailing voyage too

IMG_4700-1.jpg

now The Luxury of driving a Porsche 911 Carrera S experience begins

thanks to this knob & the pic
P1110344.JPG

who got me into trouble and many have refute my claims

Now
IMG_4676-1.jpg

thanks to Doc G otherwise i would have nothing to share with you guys & many thanks of your kindness & cheers along the way

I really like the way you photograph each area, both interior and exterior. I was surprised to see how filthy the interior was.

The end product is an amazing transformation! I'm willing to bet the owner of this fine automobile didn't think it was his! :props:

She looks great! I love all of the pics you take.

I have seen the same thing happen with the knob melting on the same model car. I only did a quick wash but.... How did you clean it up to get it looking new again??

I really like the way you photograph each area, both interior and exterior. I was surprised to see how filthy the interior was.

The end product is an amazing transformation! I'm willing to bet the owner of this fine automobile didn't think it was his! :props:

Thank you bobbyG
for your kind words - all it takes me is alittle patience & plenty of passion

She looks great! I love all of the pics you take.

I have seen the same thing happen with the knob melting on the same model car. I only did a quick wash but.... How did you clean it up to get it looking new again??

Thanks bro
Praise God - I actually brought Phillip the youth from the Children home to come along to detail - 2 reason - filling his pocket & secondly his passion for cars later on

the knob issue again - Phil 4;3 - THANK God for Power clean - wipe on & rub off & rinse away

Ma ma mia

Another great job. I love the detailed pics and the commentary. It takes a great deal of time to just take overall pics, but it takes even more time for the up close and "detailed" pics, but they make a world of difference. The car looks great as always, good job!

How hot does it get there? If you dont' mind me askin, where are you located?

The brushes you use in alot of the pics, the ones with the wooden handles. Are those the Swissvax wheel and detail brushes? I have a couple and love them, but the bristles are black. Other than the bristes, they look the same. Just wondering what kind they are exactly.

Thanks again for the great post!

Another great job. I love the detailed pics and the commentary. It takes a great deal of time to just take overall pics, but it takes even more time for the up close and "detailed" pics, but they make a world of difference. The car looks great as always, good job!

How hot does it get there? If you dont' mind me askin, where are you located?

The brushes you use in alot of the pics, the ones with the wooden handles. Are those the Swissvax wheel and detail brushes? I have a couple and love them, but the bristles are black. Other than the bristes, they look the same. Just wondering what kind they are exactly.

Thanks again for the great post!

Thank you
tfullercdi

for your kind words

appreciate yr kind words - yes 12 hours uploading & writing - almost or more equal time of posting & detailing the ride

I am glad u see the detail of the pic - the best that i can do is at least to show u what happend & bring u where I was

I am situated in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - constant 36degree celcius (Wanna to feel how is BBQ - all u need to do is to stand outside for 30 miniutes in noon) no kidding

the hot air & atmosphere dries up compound & polish so quick

get evaporated like butter on a hot pan

p/s we have one of the best beaches & some island in asia :props: :props: :props:

u like scuba diving - playing golf in the oldest rain forrest - plenty of coconuts around :xyxthumbs:

Feed back please i would be gladly to tour guide u around

p/s those are just a normal wheel brush & what u r using are sold here for nearly usd $40 each i cant afford that on wheels

Thank you
tfullercdi

for your kind words

appreciate yr kind words - yes 12 hours uploading & writing - almost or more equal time of posting & detailing the ride

I am glad u see the detail of the pic - the best that i can do is at least to show u what happend & bring u where I was

I am situated in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - constant 36degree celcius (Wanna to feel how is BBQ - all u need to do is to stand outside for 30 miniutes in noon) no kidding

the hot air & atmosphere dries up compound & polish so quick

get evaporated like butter on a hot pan

p/s we have one of the best beaches & some island in asia :props: :props: :props:

u like scuba diving - playing golf in the oldest rain forrest - plenty of coconuts around :xyxthumbs:

Feed back please i would be gladly to tour guide u around

p/s those are just a normal wheel brush & what u r using are sold here for nearly usd $40 each i cant afford that on wheels

I would love to come check that part of the world out. i've never been scuba diving or ever seen a rain forest, but it is something that definatly interests me.

And $40 for the brushes is crazy, I found mine for $12.99 a piece...a little pricy but worth it.

kc I am a HUGE fan of your write ups. I am also very loyal to power clean & ONR.

I think the problem people have with that pic of the radio knob is that it really looks like the rubber has melted to reshape it. I love me some Power Clean but it's never reshaped rubber for me.

Great job as usual.

move in texas , i keep u busy

:buffing:
Thanks Buddy ...will keep that in mind - who knows - what the Almighty has install for us

Have a blessed Christmas & cant wait to see yr rescue work

I would love to come check that part of the world out. i've never been scuba diving or ever seen a rain forest, but it is something that definatly interests me.

And $40 for the brushes is crazy, I found mine for $12.99 a piece...a little pricy but worth it.
Yupp...a trip of a life time...i just took a swiss couple from Paris around our country they will be here for 14 days -

i didnt want to pay that much for a brush

& i got cheaper alternative

kc I am a HUGE fan of your write ups. I am also very loyal to power clean & ONR.

I think the problem people have with that pic of the radio knob is that it really looks like the rubber has melted to reshape it. I love me some Power Clean but it's never reshaped rubber for me.

Great job as usual.

thank you Audilover for your kind words...looking forward to hear from again

good to know u get hook with OPT too - they are great stuff

What i did was to remove the whole derubberish - rubber coating - - what u r looking at now is the vinyl left

:xyxthumbs:

anytime. Looking forward to the next "abduction"

LOL

Delta Calling boston, delta calling boston
Boston can u hear us! MAyday Mayday! we are facing armegedon

oppsss

Have a blessed Christmas & wonderful new year ahead

God bless you & yr family

Have a great time in catching up with them

:hungry: any turkey for me!!!

Beautiful job, great write up on the pictures. Detailing is a true art, you sir have the touch. It's post like this makes me want to take the extra step in detailing someone's vehicle. Excellent post.

Great work. The car looks great.Interesting write-up.

Outstanding write up.
I know that English is not your first language, but "homo sapient" sounds really funny to me. Someone who damages cars is a home sapient, not to be confused with a Homo Sapien.Not trying to give you a hard time, just laughed.
As far as wheels and wheel cleaners, if the wheels aren't too dirty, you don't need wheel cleaners.Wheel cleaners are made so people can clean neglected wheels in a reasonable amount of time.

Did you use a boar's hair detail brush to clean the emblems? It is the easiest way to get the insides of the letters and all of the edges.

Back