What spray wax over P21S

clarky75

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am still relatively new to this forum, so forgive my questions. Up until last week I had been using Meguiars products exclusively on my car until I found this forum. My car is a white VX SS Commodore 2001.

I am in Australia, and got a good deal on the P21 kit, I washed the car clayed used the p21 paint cleansing lotion and then applied the concourse p21 wax, the car looks the best it has in years, so much better than the Meguiars stuff, the difference was night and day, so much that I chucked the meguiars straight into the bin :)

My question now is what spray wax should I use after my wash to keep up the shine, I was thinking pinnacle spray wax?

Any recommendations?

Now I am hooked on these premium waxes cant wait to try some Pinnacle Sig II or Sovereign :)

Thanks

Clarky

I have heard good things about Optimum, problem is the two online retailers who used to stock this in Australia, are no longer stocking it for some reason, not sure why that is, but its hard to get here now.

So I was down to Duragloss or the Pinnacle.

What meguiars products were you using before??

Souveran spray wax will be good.

I've heard great things about Duragloss Aquawax but nothing rivals Optimum car wax in durability among spray waxes!

Spray sealants again have loads of options to chose from, like UPGP, Opti-seal, Z-CS, CG BL!TZ etc.

I was using ultimate compound, color x and nxt 2.0. The p21 destroyed it in ease of use as well as end results, even I was surprised of the difference, my dad even commented how much better the car looked, and the p21 was so easy to apply and remove. The p21 cleansing lotion removed more defects than the ultimate compound, all the work was done by hand. I may look at the Souveran or the Duragloss, unless I can get some Optimum somewhere locally here in oz, but not looking good at the moment.

Keep in mind that Duragloss Aquawax is actually a sealant and contains no wax. It is a superb product but I thought I'd point that out. If you are indeed looking for a true spray wax then Pinnacle would be the way to go. Cheers

P21S is some pretty nice wax!

I use either Optimum Spray Wax or Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax. Both work extremely well and provide some additional protection and gloss to the finish. After washing many times I'll use these to make the surface sparkle! :props:

I heard Griots is decent, anyone use it?

How does Meguair's Ultimate Quick wax compare to the higher end spray wax?

While I've never tried it I suspect it should work similar as it's in the same category of spray waxes. I can't attest to its ease of use because as I said I've never tried it but I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. :dblthumb2:

I heard Griots is decent, anyone use it?

griots spray wax is excellent and easy to use. looks as good, if not better that any of the spray waxes

in order of favorite to least favorite:

1) (tie) griots and pinnacle souveran
2) wg spray sealant
3) prima hydro
4) duragloss aw
5) ocw (finicky imo)

Last edited:

I'd say that it compares quite nicely having used it. Once again, no wax in it so the look is somewhat different than a true spray carnauba wax such as Optima. The down side? Only available in smallish containers which makes the price a tad strong. It will bead water seemingly forever and has never smeared or streaked with me at all. Nice smell too for what that's worth.

griots spray wax is excellent and easy to use. looks as good, if not better that any of the spray waxes

in order of favorite to least favorite:

1) (tie) griots and pinnacle souveran
2) wg spray sealant
3) prima hydro
4) duragloss aw
5) ocw (finicky imo)

Good I bought a bottle, but haven't been able to use it yet (too cold). Do you use pinnacle souveran on a wet car, say after you wash it and drying it off? I know Griots says you can, but I don't know about pinnacle souveran

yes...souveran works great on a damp car. the only on the list i posted that don't work well with water is wg spray sealant. the others work great while drying.

My fav is Pinnacle Spray Wax. It has as a great look and it does add to the protection nicely also!

Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax works well on every 'nuba and sealant product I have tried to date.

Thanks for the responses guys, will go with the Pinnacle spray wax, thanks for the recommendations :)

P21S is some pretty nice wax!

I use either Optimum Spray Wax or Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax. Both work extremely well and provide some additional protection and gloss to the finish. After washing many times I'll use these to make the surface sparkle! :props:

:iagree: They'll even darken your black plastic trim as well.

Back