Layering LSP's? Best touch up after wash?

Jons6.7

Reaction score
ok so a few questions.

1. After putting on something like the Klasse Sealant, would it be usefull/worth the time to layer something else as a freshener(sp) like Opti spray wax or even UPGP or opti-seal. Something I don't have to have energy to break out the PCxp for if its not the same day? I love the idea of putting on multiple layers especially if I can use a WOWO or even better a wipe on walk away product. The only WOWA I have seen is the opti-seal so tell me of others and the wowo ones you like.

2. So I run the car through the hand wash down the street and once I get home and do the walk around, and touch up what they missed, is the best spray to use as I do this Megs QD since I had it but I wonder if its the right option. Don't bother telling me about how I should wash it myself, your wasting your time. I am not that interested in trying it but may later as I get more into detailing. Down the street is a hand wash that is pretty good and for $7 they hand wash the outside and dry it and clean the windows, then I do the real cleaning at home.

Feed back please Thanks guys.:props:

ok so a few questions.

1. After putting on something like the Klasse Sealant, would it be usefull/worth the time to layer something else as a freshener(sp) like Opti spray wax or even UPGP or opti-seal. Something I don't have to have energy to break out the PCxp for if its not the same day? I love the idea of putting on multiple layers especially if I can use a WOWO or even better a wipe on walk away product. The only WOWA I have seen is the opti-seal so tell me of others and the wowo ones you like.

Answer 1. - YES, I did just that today! Products such as Optimum Spray Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax work very well.

2. So I run the car through the hand wash down the street and once I get home and do the walk around, and touch up what they missed, is the best spray to use as I do this Megs QD since I had it but I wonder if its the right option. Don't bother telling me about how I should wash it myself, your wasting your time. I am not that interested in trying it but may later as I get more into detailing. Down the street is a hand wash that is pretty good and for $7 they hand wash the outside and dry it and clean the windows, then I do the real cleaning at home.
feedback%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks guys.:props:

Answer 2. - There's nothing wrong with the hand wash down the street because it's better than nothing. For touch-ups I'd go over those areas with DP Waterless Auto Wash.

If you're trying to maintain the "sealant" look you may want to use a qd like Sonus Acrylic Glanz or DG Aquawax to boost between hand washes down the street.

So would I get the benefits of a sealant (long life,lots of protection) and then add the benefits of a wax(better wet look) by using a wax as my second LSP?

So would I get the benefits of a sealant (long life,lots of protection) and then add the benefits of a wax(better wet look) by using a wax as my second LSP?

my guess is most people top KSG with a wax for looks, don't think it'll extend the KSG life appreciably though.

Back