Wax applicaton pads

93fox

Reaction score
I recently bought some meguiars gold clasd wax and it comes with an applicaton pad. Now my question is, do the pads have to be washed after every use? Tossed out? Or just store and use again later on?

I don't know about the foam applicator pads (assuming the same) But with the microfiber applicator pads I just throw them in the wash with my micro's and they are good to go. I think the wax would get hard on there if you didn't wash it after every use IMO.

You should always use a clean applicator pad to apply a finishing wax, so inspect your applicator pads before and during use and replace when needed.

For show car stuff I would use a new, clean applicator pad. For you're own daily driver, if it looks clean use it.

Applicator pads are cheap, I always tell people to stock up on these you have one when you need it. It's real annoying to be ready to apply something by hand only to find out the only wax applicator pad you have is on the garage floor and dirty. Then you drive your car down to the local auto parts story and try to find something that's quality.

Most applicator pads only cost a few bucks at the retail level so it will cost you more in time, wear-n-tear and gas to drive to the store for just that applicator pads.

Here's a selection, pick up a few of each to try and formulate your own opinion as to which styles you like best...

Mega Applicator Combo Kit
MegaApplicaorPack.jpg

Package of 6 Pinnacle Foam Wax Applicators
PinnacleFoamWaxApplicators.jpg

Pinnacle Polishin’ Pal Combo
PinnaclePolishinPal.jpg

Cobra Microfiber Applicator Pads
cobraMicrofiberApplicator.jpg

Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads
MothersUltraSoftMicroApp.jpg

CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack
CCSRedWaxSealantApp.jpg

Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Polish Applicator
DodoJuiceBasicsofBlingApp.jpg

P21S Foam Wax Applicators 2 Pack
P21SFoamWaxApplicators.jpg

Lexol Premium Applicator Sponges (2)
LexolPremiumApplicators.jpg

Meguiars Even-Coat Applicator - 2 Pack
MeguiarsEvenCoat.jpg

CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators
CCSEuroFoamApp.jpg

Final Step Foam Applicator Pads 2 Pack
FinalStepFoamApplicatorPads.jpg

Griot's Garage Mini 3 Inch Pad Holder
GriotsPadHolder.jpg

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Mini Red Wax Pad
GriotsWaxPads.jpg

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Orange Polishing Foam Pad 3 Pack
GriotsPolishPads.jpg

:)

You should always use a clean applicator pad to apply a finishing wax, so inspect your applicator pads before and during use and replace when needed.

For show car stuff I would use a new, clean applicator pad. For you're own daily driver, if it looks clean use it.

Applicator pads are cheap, I always tell people to stock up on these you have one when you need it. It's real annoying to be ready to apply something by hand only to find out the only wax applicator pad you have is on the garage floor and dirty. Then you drive your car down to the local auto parts story and try to find something that's quality.

Most applicator pads only cost a few bucks at the retail level so it will cost you more in time, wear-n-tear and gas to drive to the store for just that applicator pads.

Here's a selection, pick up a few of each to try and formulate your own opinion as to which styles you like best...

Mega Applicator Combo Kit
MegaApplicaorPack.jpg

Package of 6 Pinnacle Foam Wax Applicators
PinnacleFoamWaxApplicators.jpg

Pinnacle Polishin’ Pal Combo
PinnaclePolishinPal.jpg

Cobra Microfiber Applicator Pads
cobraMicrofiberApplicator.jpg

Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads
MothersUltraSoftMicroApp.jpg

CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack
CCSRedWaxSealantApp.jpg

Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Polish Applicator
DodoJuiceBasicsofBlingApp.jpg

P21S Foam Wax Applicators 2 Pack
P21SFoamWaxApplicators.jpg

Lexol Premium Applicator Sponges (2)
LexolPremiumApplicators.jpg

Meguiars Even-Coat Applicator - 2 Pack
MeguiarsEvenCoat.jpg

CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators
CCSEuroFoamApp.jpg

Final Step Foam Applicator Pads 2 Pack
FinalStepFoamApplicatorPads.jpg

Griot's Garage Mini 3 Inch Pad Holder
GriotsPadHolder.jpg

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Mini Red Wax Pad
GriotsWaxPads.jpg

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Orange Polishing Foam Pad 3 Pack
GriotsPolishPads.jpg

:)

Wow mike thats quite a selection there! Thanks for the tips! I was concerned because its just for a daily driver! Nothing all too special! But thanks!

Back