Use for Use, what's the most expensive car car product you use?

Whitethunder46

Reaction score
So what's the one product you keep finding yourself needing to buy again and again? I'm not necessarily talking a specific brand, but something that you run out of a lot or need's to be replaced a lot?

Sure, waxes/sealants and tire gels can be expensive, but usually last a decent amount of time.

Microfiber towels can add up the bills if you aren't careful, but my vote goes for clay bars. Once there used a few times, it's hard for them to be cleaned.

Tire products, have 5+ vehicles (cars/suv's) so I go through tire stuff very quickly. Reason I switched to Armor All Foam topped with Armor Extreme Gel. Excellent durability and looks, and cheap and readily available at auto stores.

Probably a tie between it (tire products) and clay bars, clay bars can add up, and their not cheap otc either.

I'd have to say gasoline. ;)

But assuming you meant detail products, I'd have to say vinyl/rubber protectant. 303 (the brand I've been using) isn't exactly cheap, and I worry about the Florida sun, so I probably use more than most (4 cars & 2 sit in the sun all day).

i find that i spend alot of money on p21s gel wheel cleaner. i have found nothing that works as well, but as a part time pro detailer i find it really expensive.

I don't clay that often. I do it two or three times a year maybe. What I do often is wash my car. So, I buy a lot of car wash soap and wheel cleaner.

Whitethunder46 said:
So what's the one product you keep finding yourself needing to buy again and again? I'm not necessarily talking a specific brand, but something that you run out of a lot or need's to be replaced a lot?

Sure, waxes/sealants and tire gels can be expensive, but usually last a decent amount of time.

Microfiber towels can add up the bills if you aren't careful, but my vote goes for clay bars. Once there used a few times, it's hard for them to be cleaned.
I find myself spending a lot on car wash shampoos. I have a lot and keep wanting more. Pinnacle and Poorboy's are my favorite.

supercharged said:
I find myself spending a lot on car wash shampoos. I have a lot and keep wanting more. Pinnacle and Poorboy's are my favorite.

yeah, pinnacle carwash shampoo is something else! I have gone through a lot!!
more arriving in the mail tomorrow!!! ya!!!:cheers:

Im going to have to say clay. Deffinately the most $ spent during a detail session.

ltoman said:
yeah, pinnacle carwash shampoo is something else! I have gone through a lot!!
more arriving in the mail tomorrow!!! ya!!!:cheers:
Why don't you buy it in bulk, then? 1 gallon - $70...not cheap...Still is one of the most expensivest shampoos.

Back