PDA

View Full Version : Portable high volume water sprayer?

Pages : [1] 2

sspudnick
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, gotta question for all of you.

I pretty much gone completely ONR, so no real need of a constant water source like with conventional methods. However, I still, of course, need some type of pressurized water to clean wheels, tires, and wheel wells. I have been using a cheapo walmart pump garden sprayer (you'd be surprised how well they actually work) but I think something with a little more volume and a tiny bit more pressure would be the job much easier.

I appreciate the little pump sprayer, but I'm wondering.....Do any of you know of a unit the works much the same way (pump or gas is fine with me) that has it's own smaller water tank (i'll have to transport it, since I have no dedicated water line) Maybe in a backpack type design? Any known portable pressure washers (again with it's own water source) that would be strong enough to tackle tires, wheels, and wells?

I hope I got my question across...And I REALLY hope someone knows of a unit that would suite my needs. Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Would some sort of degreaser be cleaning wheels, tires, ans wells easier enough for the extra step to be worth it? If so, what type do you prefer, and how much do you dilute it? Thanks again guys, I appreciate any and all help!

-Wes-

Walshman
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Check out the Nomad pressure washer. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is the only portable pressure washer I have seen and I'm not completely sure of the volume. Hope this helps.

ROMEO
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Have you look into the NOMAD before? I got it and have used it twice, so far so good, one of those times it was to remove salt and sand from the roads, it did great, it had just enough pressure and water in it to rinse my jeep commander. It is battery operated and it holds 3.5 gallons and reaches up to 90 psi.

Nomad 18 Volt Portable Power Cleaner, Nomad Cordless Power Cleaner, mini power cleaner, portable car wash, compact power washer (http://www.autogeek.net/nomad-portable-power-cleaner.html)

There are some videos on youtube, and a couple of threads in here as well...

sspudnick
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
O man that thing is PERFECT! I LOVE that it can be plugged into a lighter outlet....fantastic guys, thank you!

sspudnick
01-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Ew....just noticed the price tag....ouch! I guess I should start saving up now.

ROMEO
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
In my case it was the only thing I could do, since I live in an apartment with no water access.

sspudnick
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
In my case it was the only thing I could do, since I live in an apartment with no water access.

Same here. There is a spicket on the wall right behind my garage, that I can sneak and fill up my buckets to wash......but I'm not allowed to run a water hose.....Gotta find something.

Is the PSI on the nomad really enough to clean wheel wells? Didnt seem like it from the videos.

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Ew....just noticed the price tag....ouch! I guess I should start saving up now.

It may be possible to find one at one of the online marketplaces for a bit less.

ROMEO
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
You will have to use a brush depending on how clean you want to get it, I went to Vermont for 4 days, and by the time I got back my Jeep was completely covered on salt and sand from the roads, I even spend over half of my trip on dirt roads, and it did good at getting most of it of so I could do a waterless wash.

I guess the thing to keep in mind is that it is a portable solution, but it has limitations, like in order to get to the 90psi you have to set the stream of water to be very fine, as if you were using a red tip on a regular pressure washer. So far, I'm happy with mine.

Shawn T.
01-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I can clean wheel wells with no water pressure. Yes, even very dirty wheel wells.

sspudnick
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I can clean wheel wells with no water pressure. Yes, even very dirty wheel wells.

I dont mean to be rude, but how does that answer my question? Care to share your technique, equipment, chemicals?

Showroom Shine
01-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a full mobile set up. Generator ,water tank, gas pressure washer the works. I also have 2 Nomads. They are especially handy at the start and end of season. When you not quite ready to load or you want to unload at the start and end of season. I put ONR in mine and I am ready to go!

ROMEO
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a full mobile set up. Generator ,water tank, gas pressure washer the works. I also have 2 Nomads. They are especially handy at the start and end of season. When you not quite ready to load or you want to unload at the start and end of season. I put ONR in mine and I am ready to go!

Would you mind sharing your technique when adding ONR to the nomad?

Showroom Shine
01-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Would you mind sharing your technique when adding ONR to the nomad?

No Problem!
I have used ONR in my Nomad from day one. I put roughly 4 cap fulls from the gallon jug in it.
My method is as follows.
# 1 rinse vehicle with Nomad
#2 use schmitt and 2 buckets w/grit guards wash vehicle a panel at a time. Just let the product remain and work. Rinse media after every panel
#3 rinse entire vehicle with rinse water in bucket and different schmitt
#4 Use Nomad to rinse vehicle, wheels,wheel wells,tires,and any wheel cleaners off
#5 Spray wheel dressings & well dressings on while vehicle is wet
#6 Dry with proper media, door jams windows etc.
#7 Apply wax of choice. For me Souveran Liquid

This is a rough idea of what I do most of the time. I try to use the same proceedure every time. I just try to improve and get better. Over time you will get better and more effiicient.

ROMEO
01-26-2011, 09:14 AM
No Problem!
I have used ONR in my Nomad from day one. I put roughly 4 cap fulls from the gallon jug in it.
My method is as follows.
# 1 rinse vehicle with Nomad
#2 use schmitt and 2 buckets w/grit guards wash vehicle a panel at a time. Just let the product remain and work. Rinse media after every panel
#3 rinse entire vehicle with rinse water in bucket and different schmitt
#4 Use Nomad to rinse vehicle, wheels,wheel wells,tires,and any wheel cleaners off
#5 Spray wheel dressings & well dressings on while vehicle is wet
#6 Dry with proper media, door jams windows etc.
#7 Apply wax of choice. For me Souveran Liquid

This is a rough idea of what I do most of the time. I try to use the same proceedure every time. I just try to improve and get better. Over time you will get better and more effiicient.

Cool, Thank you! :xyxthumbs: