PDA

View Full Version : Klasse glaze

ghog
01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I have a 1 year old car, and have used Klasse AIO and Klasse sealant glaze on it early last spring and late last fall. I applied the AIO with a PC 7424 using a Lake Country white polishing pad and removed with a micro fiber cloth. I applied & removed the glaze by hand using micro fiber cloths.
My question is how often should I use the AIO with the PC 7424 on 'new' paint?

ScottB
01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
AIO is a chemical (not abrasive) based product and can be used as often as desired. It will however remove the glaze and so I would not use it unless ready to start over. Grab the new Sonus Acrylic Spritz and used it over the Klasse Twins and you'll be amazed.

bhrees
01-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll try the Sonus, i just did a Klasse twins application two weeks ago.

embolism
01-29-2011, 12:26 AM
AIO is a chemical (not abrasive) based product and can be used as often as desired. It will however remove the glaze and so I would not use it unless ready to start over. Grab the new Sonus Acrylic Spritz and used it over the Klasse Twins and you'll be amazed.

The quick detailer or the acrylic glanz spray?

The glanz writeup seems to make it sounds like the more wowee of the two...

ghog
01-29-2011, 08:37 AM
So there is no abrasive action with the combo of AIO and the white LC pad to be concerned about?

ScottB
01-29-2011, 08:39 AM
The quick detailer or the acrylic glanz spray?

The glanz writeup seems to make it sounds like the more wowee of the two...

you are absolutely correct. Its like a booster with added gloss. It really amped up the Klasse Twins.

jlb85
01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
So there is no abrasive action with the combo of AIO and the white LC pad to be concerned about?

The white pad will do some abrading, so if this is as an LSP I would skip the AIO and apply the glaze with blue or softer pads.

If used as a one step or simple AIO-type paint cleaning, the white pad is perfect for the AIO.

buddhadog
01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
ghog, did you have any trouble removing the glaze? i keep hearing it can be difficult to remove.

I just received klasse sealant glaze and am looking foward to using it tomorrow .

It may rain in the late afternoon and I have no garage ,so do you think it will be ok if it only has a couple hours to cure before it rains? thanks to anyone who can answer my question!:xyxthumbs:

bhrees
01-29-2011, 11:23 PM
i've never had a problem removing the glaze, just go light like the instructions say, give it an hour dry time and it falls off with light buffing

embolism
01-29-2011, 11:32 PM
put it in a spritz bottle and use a foam applicator to put it on thin.

Not sure about curing time and rain though.

It would be bad to get WGDGPS wet so to be safe i would assume that Klasse is the same. If you go ahead and chance it and it gets wet then pls make note of what happens here for future forum reference...

buddhadog
01-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks guys.

yeah I was planning on doin it anyway because I am impatient and waited all week till my first day off to do this !

I have a van so I will just do the roof and see how it goes . Worst I guess is that I will get some hazing if it rains maybe? Or maybe will affect the durability ?

Ill be sure to let you know what happens!:props:

buddhadog
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Got the glaze on my roof and no sooner than 5 min it started to rain and has not quit yet .Looks like I wont even be able to get it off today .

I dont know whats going on or if the sealant even stuck or got washed off by the rain !:cry:LOL

I will let you all know how it goes!

jlb85
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Both Klasse products are more difficult to remove than some other products. Not that is is hard or anything, just might take some extra effort to remove. As long as you don't use force behind your wiping you will be OK. Many people who use the Klasse line use something like #34 or other Quick Detailers, sprayed onto the hazed Klasse Glaze, to help removal.

The trick I can add to the mix is to apply either with the PC, and work it in to the paint nice and thin at slow speed. When you get it thin enough it hazes quick and wipes off easier, but still harder than something like WDGS3 or Blackfire.

You should be fine with rain over the glaze, and it should't affect the sealant. When you remove it make sure it feel even and slick. If not, reapply. The second time with any LSP always goes faster and easier since you already have a decent base.

buddhadog
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Both Klasse products are more difficult to remove than some other products. Not that is is hard or anything, just might take some extra effort to remove. As long as you don't use force behind your wiping you will be OK. Many people who use the Klasse line use something like #34 or other Quick Detailers, sprayed onto the hazed Klasse Glaze, to help removal.

The trick I can add to the mix is to apply either with the PC, and work it in to the paint nice and thin at slow speed. When you get it thin enough it hazes quick and wipes off easier, but still harder than something like WDGS3 or Blackfire.

You should be fine with rain over the glaze, and it should't affect the sealant. When you remove it make sure it feel even and slick. If not, reapply. The second time with any LSP always goes faster and easier since you already have a decent base.

I was a little concerned about getting it off (my next two working days were long ones and I knew I wouldnt have time )so after the rain stopped several hours later I drove a few miles on the freeway to air dry it and parked under really bright floresent lamps (at the supermarket parking lot after they were closed) and to my surprize my roof looked clean but oily or greasy . It wiped right off very easily and actually only took about 10 minutes .

It felt like it had adhered becasue it had a really different feel than just the klasse AIO that was undreneath. But I question whether it really had a chance to bond fully so I will probably do it again.

In the future though I will not try to use this if there is rain in the forcast!

Ive tried it on a couple customers cars (hoods only)and it does not do well applied in the sun ,even on light colored vehicles on a cool day .