Suzuki Grand Vitara with a Suprise

mleach82

Reaction score
a co-worker of mine wanted me to clean up his Suzuki Grand Viatara over the weekend. I believe it is a 2007 ish with almost 24k miles on it. There wasnt much in terms of swirls, just a few surface scratches here and there. The vehicle hasnt had any wax applied in 2 years and just received a wash here and there.

Customer just wanted to bring some shine back.

Didnt get that many pics as i was kind of pressed for time.

Process includes:
2 bucket was with Megs Deep Crystal Wash
APC+ with various brushes for jambs and wheels/tires
Megs white clay
M205 / black polishing pad
DP Poli-Coat / red pad
Optimum Opti-Bond for tires
Megs Trim detailer for all outside plastics

The worst part of the car was the door jambs. They had alot of stuff caked on so after about an hour with various brushes and APC+, they cleaned up nice.

Washed with Megs Deep Crystal wash, dried with Water Magnet.

Clays with Megs white clay with QD as lube.

In this picture you can make out some of the haze / water spots on the hood:
DSC_0151.jpg

after a few test spots i stuck with M205 on a black polishing pad.

The process was a bit tedious as i didnt want to get close to the graphics in fear of damaging them. Used a combination of 6.5 pads and 4 inch pads for the tight spots.

Once done, went over the vehicle with a coat of Poli-Coat, let haze and buffed off.

Cleaned up the interior which wasnt too bad, took maybe 1/2 hour for full vaccum, leath conditioner and wipe down of dash and windows.

This is the part where the suprise comes into play.

The headlights had a small amount of haze to them so i figured i would just do a quick pass with some UC and seal them. I popped the hood to find this:

DSC_0153.jpg

Apparently some squirrels made a nest from the hood liner. Since the liner was trashed i ripped it out and vaccumed up what was in the engine bay.

Turns out two baby squirrels got cooked as they were still in the nest (have pic but not sure you'd want to see lol)

So i gave the engine a good wipe down along with the underside of the hood.

Here are some final pics:

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

After informing my co-worker about the nest, he let me know this wasnt the first time. Last time they chewed the main harness which ended up costing $2000 in repairs.

Hopefully now that the mat is down they wont have a reason to attempt to nest there.

Yikes -- that's crazy. Would insurance cover a $2k repair caused by squirrels? I hope so. He need to invest in a dog, cat, and Gamo pellet gun :)

Very nice clean-up job.

thats just funny. Id love to see the claims for on that one.

poor squirrels :cry:

That must be the new Vitara. I've never seen a suzuki look that nice.

Yikes -- that's crazy. Would insurance cover a $2k repair caused by squirrels? I hope so. He need to invest in a dog, cat, and Gamo pellet gun :)

Very nice clean-up job.

Insurance didnt cover it but warranty did with a $500 deductible (after market warranty)

Thanks!

Back