DG 105 as a stand alone sealant

PBoy

Reaction score
Is DG 105 as durable as most sealants, e.g. WG, UPP, etc ... without the #601 PBA?

It's rare that I don't reapply product(s) every 2 or 3 months.

Yes! Its more durable then many sealants out there , even without the 601.

Is DG 105 as durable as most sealants, e.g. WG, UPP, etc ... without the #601 PBA?

It's rare that I don't reapply product(s) every 2 or 3 months.

Yep. In fact, the last time I used:

WGDGPS - Last April
BFWD - Last May
Power Lock - Used once last October
Rejex - Used once, currently testing

The above products are just taking up space really. Not saying they are bad either, they all are high quality products.

Yep. In fact, the last time I used:

WGDGPS - Last April
BFWD - Last May
Power Lock - Used once last October
Rejex - Used once, currently testing

The above products are just taking up space really. Not saying they are bad either, they all are high quality products.

I never read too much about Rejex, but the rest are formidable.

I believe you will find DG501 even more durable than DG105 with or without 601

It's as good as those you listed with the exception of the newer UPP.

DG 601 is so easy to apply that I havent tried DG 105 or 501 without laying a layer of 601 first!

I believe you will find DG501 even more durable than DG105 with or without 601

Duragloss says quite the opposite. #105 is the durability champ as it has more sealant than cleaners. They claim up to one year (which I don't believe) for #105.

That would put UPP in the same category as KSG and Zaino in terms of durability.

Yep. The slickness goes down a bit but it hangs in there well. Very easy to work with and if you dose some of the old UPP it will stay usable for a long time in the bottle. You do need to dose less than is recommended though to keep it like that.

Yep. The slickness goes down a bit but it hangs in there well. Very easy to work with and if you dose some of the old UPP it will stay usable for a long time in the bottle. You do need to dose less than is recommended though to keep it like that.

UPP has always been known for its easy application/removal, but apparently #105 is also very easy to work with.

I've worked with both and UPP is easier for me. I prefer FK Punk Wax above all. Very easy to use and economical to boot. Great durability as well.

Back