No Question here

phoneguy44

Reaction score
No questions. Been sneakin amongst you wax smellin folks for a while reading everything I need to get the job done. I learned one thing about ya'll, if you want to know how to make it shine like a new one and it can be done, you'll find out how here. Great site, I love it.
Fixing to get me a DA, started detailing a little last year to make some deer hunting money. Started up again this past Thurs and realized this 41 year old body is tired, so I'm gettin one.

Stole this Tacoma in May last year. Shined her up the best you can with your hand and took her hunting with me this year. Got some trail scratches to get out now (why buy her if I'm not going to take her in the woods). I do however want to keep her looking sweet and sexy and I'll proudly sport her up somewhere for ya when I get my DA.

GREAT SITE !!

Good looking truck and welcome to the site. The DA should be able to take care of the scratches with the right pad/product combo.

Everyone starts off as a beginner but with some reading, questions, and trial, error, and practice you'll be amazed how much you'll be able to do.

This link contains articles written by Mike Phillips and has allot of great reading within.

Articles by Mike Phillips

Basic steps are:

• Wash
  • Clay
  • Polish or Paint Correction
  • Seal
  • Wax
If you're serious about making your truck look pristine then I suggest you invest in a kit tat contains a dual action polisher.

Kit Page

Car Care Kits, Car Care Cleaning Kits, Complete Detailing Kits

Decent kit

Pinnacle Twins & Meguiars G110v2 Dual Action Polisher Kit FREE BONUS

Much better kit

If I were in the market for a kit this would be the one I'd choose.

Menzerna Porter Cable XP Maximum Shine Kit FREE BONUS

One Step Product

Menzerna Sealing Wax

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, menzerna apo 60, Menzerna wax

Sealants

Menzerna Power Lock Paint Sealant

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant

Wax

Collinite 845

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax

Hope this helps!

Thanks guys.

Deciding on my pads. Think I'm going to get one of the PC packages.
I'm readin up now. All this info can be very overwhelming. Want to go
safe and get what I'll use the most so I'm not saying "Dang, should have
gotten two gray pads!"

Still thinkin on it.
:work:

It can be easily overwhelming so start slow and don't try to order everything at once. The kits contain just about everything you need to hit the ground running without spending a fortune..

I was just looking at kits and this one is very complete.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

It can be easily overwhelming so start slow and don't try to order everything at once. The kits contain just about everything you need to hit the ground running without spending a fortune..

I was just looking at kits and this one is very complete.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

Although I would recommend asking Autogeek to swap out the 6 1/2 inch CCS pads for the 5 1/2 inch flat pads...

Back