White paint

WEST SIDE

Reaction score
Are there any tricks to applying a sealant or wax to white paint so you can see how much product is going on.I just applied KSG to my wifes new SUV thats pearl white and it was just so hard to tell if it was going on heavy or light.
I have good overhead fluorescent lights in my garage and tried it with them on and off and it was hard to see either way.

Speaking of KSG,do you think 2-3 applications are better than one coat of collinite 915.I was going to use 915 then i thought i could always top the KSG with 915 but not the other way around.Either way it's just hard to see product on white paint.

Thanks.

Do you have a DA? If you have a DA I would apply KSG with a blue flat so that it can spread it very thin. KSG is really strong sealant, I would maybe apply two layers of KSG then maybe finish it off with 915.

That should be enough protection to last you 4-8 months without problem.

put some klass in a small sprayer and put a drop of food dye in it

I always found that the third coat of KSG shined the best. Disproportionately so as compared to from one to two, which was barely noticeable. But the third looks like a glass coating. And yeah, that'll get you through a winter.

Do you have a DA? If you have a DA I would apply KSG with a blue flat so that it can spread it very thin. KSG is really strong sealant, I would maybe apply two layers of KSG then maybe finish it off with 915.

That should be enough protection to last you 4-8 months without problem.

It would seem to me that it you apply with a DA in square patterns with vertical and horizontal overlapping passes you should be able to keep track of where you have covered

put some klass in a small sprayer and put a drop of food dye in it

I gotta tell ya if i felt good about this i would try it.Since it's my wifes and brand new no way.My truck maybe.

In all probability you're going have too much product after the first or second panel. this because there is more and more product on the applicator. I don't' worry about it and remove the glaze after it hard dries with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray - use as directed. It works perfectly. For an even better and truly superb gloss once you do that, and after 24 hours (you can go a week or two as well if the car is garaged), apply a coat of Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax. Expensive, but I have not seen anything better, ever! And I have been waxing cars for 40-years :).

You can get a hell of a deal for all this stuff with the Forum Favorite Kit.

Just washed my car yesterday evening and finished it off as I always do with the Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I haven't waxed the car in four months since I did the whole process mentioned above. Here's a pic from last night:

1238699722_BU6vM-O.jpg

Best,

Jose

Last edited:
In all probability you're going have too much product after the first or second panel. this because there is more and more product on the applicator. I don't' worry about it and remove the glaze after it hard dries with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray - use as directed. It works perfectly. For an even better and truly superb gloss once you do that, and after 24 hours (you can go a week or two as well if the car is garaged), apply a coat of Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax. Expensive, but I have not seen anything better, ever! And I have been waxing cars for 40-years :).

You can get a hell of a deal for all this stuff with the Forum Favorite Kit.

Just washed my car yesterday evening and finished it off as I always do with the Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I haven't waxed the car in four months since I did the whole process mentioned above. Here's a pic from last night:

1238699722_BU6vM-O.jpg

Best,

Jose

Wow car looks awesome.I just did a second coat KSG(12hrs apart) and let it dry for at least an hour and no problems with removal with just an MF.
Is that a CR water system in background,been thinking of getting one.

Wow car looks awesome.I just did a second coat KSG(12hrs apart) and let it dry for at least an hour and no problems with removal with just an MF.
Is that a CR water system in background,been thinking of getting one.

Thanks! That is an all house system in the background, with a 30 micron filter, followed by a 5 micron activated charcoal one, and finally going into a water softener via the black hose on the right. I have a faucet attached to the outgoing line of the softener before it goes into the rest of the house to which I connected a 75-foot hose and that's what I use to wash my cars. Not as good as ionized water but almost as good an a lot cheaper in the long run :)

Best,

Jose

Back