Which bonnets to get for 6.5" pad?

Kaban

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to buy a few bonnets to buff off wax after it hazes.

Which bonnets would you recommend that fit over 6.5" Lake country flat pads?

Thanks in advance.

You'll likely not find too many folks in these parts who use bonnets to remove wax. Problem is that you'll remove the wax on half of a panel and the bonnet will be loaded up with dried wax residue and not work too well to clean off the remaining panels. Typically (I think) most of the guys/gals here do what Mike Phillips shows us to do and fold a microfiber towel in four and utilize all 8 clean sides to remove the wax.

IMO there's just too much of a chance to mar the paint with a bonnet and it is much accurate and efficient to use a high quality microfiber towel by hand.

You'll likely not find too many folks in these parts who use bonnets to remove wax. Problem is that you'll remove the wax on half of a panel and the bonnet will be loaded up with dried wax residue and not work too well to clean off the remaining panels. Typically (I think) most of the guys/gals here do what Mike Phillips shows us to do and fold a microfiber towel in four and utilize all 8 clean sides to remove the wax.

IMO there's just too much of a chance to mar the paint with a bonnet and it is much accurate and efficient to use a high quality microfiber towel by hand.

Thanks so much. I am so glad I asked the question before buying anything. I guess I'll just stick to my old method and remove it by hand like you said using 8 sides of the MF towel.

Cheers man, thanks for the help!

I have the Indigo blue microfiber bonnets, I use them sometimes,(with a 6.5" orange LC pad) but it's just as easy to do it by hand.

Back