How often do you replace your wash media using ONR?

rivaladversary

Reaction score
My Bone Cobra Microfiber Sponge is getting pretty grey. I always handwash it with Tide after every car wash and sometimes, the color of it makes me hesitant to use it again. Your thoughts?

I machine wash mine after each use, but I'm not using the same sponge as you.

I've been using the Opti Mitt. It cleans up very nice with high pressure water after ONR wash, spray APC when really dirty

I like the Opti Mitt- took a little getting used to though

is my sponge supposed to look super clean still over a couple of uses? i thought that the discoloration was inevitable.

The particles that stain fabrics are very different from those that marr paint. Grape juice will stain, but not marr. If you have washed it and it's soft, your ok.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

lol, hey, chris. i just posted on the OPT forum about a perferred washing media. Do you suggest a grout sponge or MF sponge? I am curently using Cobra's The Bone.

lol, hey, chris. i just posted on the OPT forum about a perferred washing media. Do you suggest a grout sponge or MF sponge? I am curently using Cobra's The Bone.

I'm going to jump out on a limb and say he suggests the opti-mitt...since they designed it. lol.

I have a opti-mit, grout sponge, wool mit, and LC foam sponge. I like the opti-mit on horizontal surfaces but the LC sponge for the rest, especially curved.

I use a LC Big Blue and it gets really dirty looking while doing ONR washes. However, like Chris said - as long as all the grit is washed out, doesn't matter.

DLB

My cobra bone is almost black at this point, I'll post a picture. I just throw it through the wash after it has been used, and so far, so good.

Why does the Wash media get stained with ONR? Does it have something to do with ONR?

My Bone Cobra Microfiber Sponge is getting pretty grey. I always handwash it with Tide after every car wash and sometimes, the color of it makes me hesitant to use it again. Your thoughts?

Here is how mine looks now (this is dry) compared to a sheet of computer paper.
img_6279-XL.jpg

New it looked like this:
autogeek_2157_28469551

Please buy another one. That is driving me crazy how dirty looking it is!

How do you like it btw?

Please buy another one. That is driving me crazy how dirty looking it is!

How do you like it btw?

It is stained, not dirty ;) I probably should have put a warning on that picture.

The first time I used it I hated it because it was really stiff and would not conform to the contours of the car at all. Now that it is nice and broken in, it works really well and is very soft. I only use it for ONR washes, and it works perfectly.

I'm going to jump out on a limb and say he suggests the opti-mitt...since they designed it. lol.

Sure Jason, throw logic into this!! :laughing:

Makes sense to me though!! :props:

I prefer a plush microfiber, second is the OptiMitt, third is those dreadlock chenille microfiber mitts.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

I got my opti-mitt in today and love it! i was using a reallt soft grout sponge from home depot before this. I do not use ONR wash though, but if anybody is hesitant on the opti-mitt, GET IT!

It is stained, not dirty ;) I probably should have put a warning on that picture.

The first time I used it I hated it because it was really stiff and would not conform to the contours of the car at all. Now that it is nice and broken in, it works really well and is very soft. I only use it for ONR washes, and it works perfectly.

I know it's not dirty, that's why I said how dirty looking it is :)

I was considering getting this for ONR. I think I might try it out. Im the MAN

Back