What is your favorite AIO?

S2K

Reaction score
It's only been maybe 2 months since I polished my car and I'm already seeing swirls. I know it's going to happen on that soft black paint. I am thinking about using an AIO to save time and so I don't eat up the clear coat. Any suggestions on a good AIO or maybe something else I can do to remove swirls periodically without doing a full correction?

Meguiar's D151
Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60
Klasse AIO

D151 is my AIO of choice. Dodo Need For Speed is a great product also but a bit pricey.

I have only used XMT360. I like it. I need to branch out! Lol.

I just did my wifes dark bue minivan with XMT 360 and a green LC CCS pad. Turned out real nice and half of the car was in the sun and still no problems it turned out great. What little polish that is left removes very easy.

I have also used poli-seal with good results.

Poli-seal from Optimum or Pinnacle Xmt360

It's only been maybe 2 months since I polished my car and I'm already seeing swirls. I know it's going to happen on that soft black paint. I am thinking about using an AIO to save time and so I don't eat up the clear coat. Any suggestions on a good AIO or maybe something else I can do to remove swirls periodically without doing a full correction?

If you use an AIO with enough abrasives to clear swirls every 2 months, it seems to me like you're going to grind away more clear than if you only did the least aggressive correction necessary to bring back the finish once or maybe twice a year. If it were my car I would look for more durable protection instead of more frequent fine polishing from an AIO. Perhaps a nano-coating would help you maintain a swirl-free finish for a longer interval between polishing/correction (I have yet to use any of these super-durable coatings)?

If you use an AIO with enough abrasives to clear swirls every 2 months, it seems to me like you're going to grind away more clear than if you only did the least aggressive correction necessary to bring back the finish once or maybe twice a year. If it were my car I would look for more durable protection instead of more frequent fine polishing from an AIO. Perhaps a nano-coating would help you maintain a swirl-free finish for a longer interval between polishing/correction (I have yet to use any of these super-durable coatings)?

I'm not planning on doing this every 2 months, I was just saying I'm starting to see some light swirls already. Probably just do it 2 or 3 times a year. I have thought about the Nano's. I'm just kicking around some ideas trying to find out what will work best for me.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

XMT360 says it has a sealant, how durable is it? Can you put something like 845 on top of it? They recommend a green pad, would a CCS black pad work?

Does the D151 have any type of sealant in it?

I use them all for their strengths depending on the vehicles condition

It's been proven with a PTG that a light or medium polishes dont really remove much or any measurable paint. So you could theoretically use a light polish on your car as much as you want.

____

My favorite AIO is poli-seal even thought it has a light abrasive in it. The workability of the polish and the slick finish it leaves behind is incredible. If going for moderate correction work I would use D151 or DJ NFS.

Last edited:
Autoglym SRP. I use is on my black lexus and it looks like a sheet of glass. I top it with a nice sealant was well but you dont need to if you are in a hurry.

Anyone can give their opinion on the cut of Optimum Poli-Seal? How does it compare to Megs 205 and PO85RD? TIA.

Given your situation, have you considered using one of the durable glazes, like Poorboy's Black Hole?

Given your situation, have you considered using one of the durable glazes, like Poorboy's Black Hole?

I've used PB BH a couple of times and it works great, hides the rock chips very well and gives a much deeper black. I was just kicking around the idea of an AIO but the more I read about CQuartz I'm getting real tempted, the only problem is what will I ever do with my Fuzion?

Back