your go to trim protectant

PA DETAILER

Reaction score
thank god my GMC has miminal black plastic trim. i have tried the following:

black wow (not impressed/washes off too quick)
stoners trim shine. great product. can be messy/areosol
megs trim shine gel. usually my go to.

guess i am looking for something better/longer lasting!

i did see eagle one trim shine gel. any users of this yet?

Hey Dave,

These are in order for long lasting shine. In my opinion, the Poorboy's product goes on the nicest and gives quickest richest glow but it can streak if it gets wet.

• Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is very nice
  • Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is another
  • Poorboy's World Trim Restorer

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

After 3 weeks of being on my Expedition it still looks like the day I put it on and we have gotten a ton of rain here in MI.

I've used Meg's Ultimate, and like it for an OTC product.

a+ on uttg . i did most of my truck with black wow and the wiper cowl with uttg. was happy with both at application but the bw just did not last . uttg still goin strong . and this was heavily faded stuff. little goes a long way .

I really like the UTTG but I was completely blown away with the GTechniq C4.
It's expensive thou it's still holding up on a vehicle that stays outdoors and is driven on a daily bases for 5months.It also made the trim look new.

I'll take a pic next week (or so) with the C4 on the mentioned DD that will be pretty close to the 6 month mark since application.
C4 definitely one of the best trim restore/protectant on the market today.

It's expensive thou it's still holding up on a vehicle that stays outdoors and is driven on a daily bases for 5months.It also made the trim look new.
I was looking at that. Does a little go long way? It only comes in the 25ml bottle right?

I was looking at that. Does a little go long way? It only comes in the 25ml bottle right?

A little does indeed go a long way.
You can go to GTechniq direct and get the C4 in 15ml,25ml,and 50ml bottles.

You guys keep coming up with new products that once again out perform the ones I'm currently using I may have to put an addition on my "new" shed!! :eek:

It just seems the UTTG is too expensive for a detailer. You must use very little for it to be worth it.

You guys keep coming up with new products that once again out perform the ones I'm currently using I may have to put an addition on my "new" shed!! :eek:

Eh...the C4 bottle is *really* small :p Just make sure you get some extra cosmetic applicators--the few that came with mine won't last for the whole bottle.

Another vote for UTTG. C4 has some very promising reviews.

100% agree. C4 is another dimension!

I just used Klasse AIO on the wifes black step trim on her van. It cleaned it up and returned the faded sections back to black again. I then used Klasse sealant on top. I will see how this combo lasts. I just can't get past the $32.00 for UTTG yet.

Dave

I just can't get past the $32.00 for UTTG yet.

Dave

LOL then you won't make it to the C4 product then LOL.

Here is the rough break down on amount of product to cost(USD), which doesn't include shipping.

15ml = 0.5oz $38.12
25ml = 0.85oz $53.39
50ml = 1.6oz $102.23

Mark

Back