Need Suggestions On Removing Swirls

ttfire66

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I worked on the hood of my black grand prix to remove swirls. I used meguiars swirl x

with a pc da and green ccs pad. I removed maybe 70% of swirls, but some are still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need something more abrasive or a different

pad?

This is an after shot:

tn_147.JPG

tn_147.JPG

Here is before and after:

tn_150.JPG

Sorry for the bad pictures, still trying to get the right shots.

has that been wiped down with anything to remove the polishing oils? Depending on what you see after removing the oils you might need to get a tad more aggressive with your pad (maybe a white or orange) with the swirl X

Do you have anything to follow up after the swirl X?

I think embolism meens after your correction process.

Sorry, yeah the front is beat up with rock chips. I think the after shot I did, not sure in the before and after shot. I did it a couple days ago and its been raining ever since.

I used meguiars swirl x with a pc da and green ccs pad. I removed maybe 70% of swirls, but some are still there.

SwirlX is a fairly mild swirl mark remover and a green polishing pad is also on the gentle side.

Get more aggressive, perhaps a true compound like the Ultimate Compound with either a foam cutting pad or a polishing pad, do a Test Spot before going over the entire car.

What speed setting were you on?

I met a guy this week that tried removing swirls out of a 2006 Cadillac LXR using a finishing pad and a light polish on the 3 Setting of his PC 7424XP

I brought him up to speed, (no pun intended), with a quick hands-on demo on how to correctly use the PC with a more aggressive pad, more aggressive product and using the tool on the 6.0 speed setting.

:)

has that been wiped down with anything to remove the polishing oils? Depending on what you see after removing the oils you might need to get a tad more aggressive with your pad (maybe a white or orange) with the swirl X

Do you have anything to follow up after the swirl X?

SwirlX is a fairly mild swirl mark remover and a green polishing pad is also on the gentle side.

Get more aggressive, perhaps a true compound like the Ultimate Compound with either a foam cutting pad or a polishing pad, do a Test Spot before going over the entire car.

What speed setting were you on?

I met a guy this week that tried removing swirls out of a 2006 Cadillac LXR using a finishing pad and a light polish on the 3 Setting of his PC 7424XP

I brought him up to speed, (no pun intended), with a quick hands-on demo on how to correctly use the PC with a more aggressive pad, more aggressive product and using the tool on the 6.0 speed setting.

:)

Thanks guys for the tips :xyxthumbs:

Back