PDA

View Full Version : Not to satisfied with new products?

Pages : [1] 2

DjbuddyPL
05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I received my Klasse AIO and Natty blue wax. SO i washed my car, clayed it, klasse aio, and then natty blue. The results i got arent much better then i got with megs nxt tech wax. I mean am i doing something wrong?

Dr Oldz
05-13-2011, 09:30 PM
It is possible that you paint was already in great shape. And when comparing LSPs it is basically a personal opinion. If your paint is swirled up and you were looking to clear up all the swirls, you will need something other than Klasse AIO to remove them.

CEE DOG
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Like Jim said:
Waxes aren't going to be big differences as far as looks. Nattys blue is a very friendly wax that you can even apply and remove in the sun without issue!

When it comes to looks it's all in the polishing. Please post some pictures with the sun shining directly in the picture and some without and we can give better advice about what level of aggression you should consider polishing with.

DjbuddyPL
05-13-2011, 10:13 PM
im doing this all by hand, so polish by hand can only go so far!

Dr Oldz
05-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Perhaps a glaze designed to mask swirls may help then if you do indeed have swirls.

Flash Gordon
05-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I received my Klasse AIO and Natty blue wax. SO i washed my car, clayed it, klasse aio, and then natty blue. The results i got arent much better then i got with megs nxt tech wax. I mean am i doing something wrong?

I think you just answered your own question :p

I have heard many say that adding a second coat of Nattys 24hours later makes the paint look much richer

Don't beat yourself down to bad though. Trying to find the perfect car wax is harder then trying to find a working lighter in a crack house :surrender:

kronos
05-13-2011, 10:36 PM
The results i got arent much better then i got with megs nxt tech wax

What exactly is not much better than the NXT wax? Are you referring to still being able to see swirls on your paint or to the amount of shine, or beading, etc. What you may notice is that the protection you just applied should last considerably longer than the NXT wax.

embolism
05-13-2011, 11:55 PM
isn't NXT a sealant that lasts fairly long? No experience with it but KAIO on the other hand is a great paint cleaner that is a joy to work with. Ditto with Natty's Blue (smells great too)

maximus20895
05-14-2011, 02:04 AM
NXT is not known for the longevity.

Not to interject, but if people waxes don't have big differences in looks, then where is the difference and why do people buy expensive ones?

Dr Oldz
05-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Not to interject, but if people waxes don't have big differences in looks, then where is the difference and why do people buy expensive ones?

Polishing properly is 90-95% of the look. The rest is in the LSP. Not a big percentage but still part of the equation!

maximus20895
05-14-2011, 02:29 AM
Which leads to the same question. Why do people spend money on expensive waxes if it's only 10-5% of the look?

BobbyG
05-14-2011, 05:41 AM
The final result on your finish largely depends on your prep work.

By switching from one wax to another in most cases produce similar results unless you're looking for some specific improvement; ie no wax stain on trim, easier to remove etc.

Klasse All-In-One is a nice one step product. It contains cleaners and leaves the surface with a nice shine but it falls short in long term protection.

Natty's paste waxes have a reputation of being one of the nicest waxes on the market. It's a Carnauba wax that goes on easily and can be applied in direct sun. It doesn't contain cleaners or polishes.

Another important point if adding a dual action polisher. Polishing by hand, while not impossible, will take days to complete and result in an inconsistent removal of swirls and scratches.

If you're looking for a boost in overall appearance you'll want to add a couple of steps to your process.

Clay
Polish

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Which leads to the same question. Why do people spend money on expensive waxes if it's only 10-5% of the look?

Snob appeal? The desire for something better and the (unfounded?) hope that paying more money will result in a better product/look?

sohail99
05-14-2011, 06:16 AM
I guess sealants and hybrid waxes for protecting the paint from elements.

Carnauba waxes for that characteristic jetting effects!! Carnauba waxes on my paint certainly make quite a difference. (but no one except me is able to see the difference! lol (No one else in my neighborhood and friends is a detailing enthusiast!))

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2011, 06:28 AM
So much of the look is lighting...nothing like finishing a day of detailing, at dusk, only to see the car almost glowing as a tribute to your hard work. Then one day you're at the supermarket or the mall at dusk...and most of the cars are "glowing" just as well as yours...of course in the sun you could see all the swirls on theirs.