PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailers. Do they make a difference?

Luke
01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I have been reading that QDs make a pretty big differense when you use it after you wash your car. Is this true? Is Aquawax probably the best for this?

99 hardtop
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I have used quick det. for years. they are good but do exactly what they say. they are used between washes to help the car look like it was just detailed. i use finishkare #425 on my black vette and very pleased with results. I use it a couple times a week.

Reddwarf
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
"Quick detailers, do they make a difference?" Does a bear poop in the woods? Heck yeah QD's make a difference. Now, which QD to use, THAT is the question. More like which ONES. I think most of us on this forum have several in our posession. There are several threads on here describing the attributes of different ones. My personal favorites are Clearkote's Quick Shine and Poorboy's Spray & Gloss.

Here is a recent thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3566

Surfer
01-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Does a bear poop in the woods? I'd hope so, that would be one, long, painful hibernation:o

supercharged
01-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Duragloss Aquawax, ClearKote QuikShine, Finish Kare 425 are my favorite QDs

Larry A
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
QDs make my car always look great.

Luke
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I just wash my car a lot. How would a QD help me?

ehuth1
01-09-2007, 11:21 PM
It will help your car look great, and help you from washing it all the time. Clearkote Quikshine my .02

RFulmer
01-09-2007, 11:43 PM

One way is it helps me dry my car. I can mist a little DS on as I wipe it dry, it seems to help the water soak up into my MF towel better.

Another way is I can go out into my garage and rub a coat onto the car. It makes it look like I'm doing something important to the car to my wife which keeps me out of trouble for spending so much time with the car ;-)

2KLS1
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM
One way is it helps me dry my car. I can mist a little DS on as I wipe it dry, it seems to help the water soak up into my MF towel better.
You know I just noticed that too. I kind of dismised it though and assumed it was just in my head. I have this wax as you dry type of deal. I spray it on while the car is still wet and wipe it dry with a WW towel. I just used it for the first time last weekend and could swear the towel seemed to soak up the water better with less streaking. Now I guess it wasn't just me.

supercharged
01-10-2007, 12:42 AM
let's just say I never dry my car without a QD. Yes, it's mandatory for any crazy detailer.

Luke
01-10-2007, 02:57 AM
It does not scratch the paint? How do you use it and then dry it? Can you please give me some headers? I would be interested in wax as you dry, what would be the best for that? The thing you guys are talking about, you use it as a dry wash? what about the tires? I don't see how it doesn't scratch the paint, do you use a different rag for each panel?