Finally got residue off my trim!!

quantim0

Reaction score
I have been dealing with some white residue on my black trim by my windshield for a few months. I believe that it was some XMT that from previous polishing. I tried 50:50 alcohol and water, straight alcohol, XMT pad cleaner, PB trim restore, Souveran, and everything else I could think of.

Today I was using some Klasse AIO to clean up some areas and figured I would give it a shot. I just used a foam applicator and rubbed it into the trim. Wiped it off with a MF towl and no more white spots on my trim. Im the MAN :awesome:

On a side note I put some PBTR on my rubber trim in an area that was splotchy. I left it on for about 10 mins while I was doing something else. When I wiped it off there are now bubbles in my rubber trim! Hopefully the dry out over night, but I am not thrilled at this moment. :mad:

quantim0 said:
On a side note I put some PBTR on my rubber trim in an area that was splotchy. I left it on for about 10 mins while I was doing something else. When I wiped it off there are now bubbles in my rubber trim! Hopefully the dry out over night, but I am not thrilled at this moment. :mad:

Keep us updated I just bought some PBTR, but have only used it on hard textured plastic so far.

That is my issue with Trim Restorer, it just kinda stays on my trim and doesn't absorb, yet everyone else tells me it absorbs into theirs and has a dry touch after. I can buff off the residue and the trim doesn't look much different and has an greay/residue appearance. If I leave TR on the trim for 5 minutes or so and go back, the TR has formed into like a coating of little bubbles like you said.

Last edited:
supercharged said:
I have used Mothers Back-To-Black with great results.
Doesn't it run in the rain though? I searched on other boards and foudn to many people saying it would run and leave streaks on paint after rain:o

So far only good stuff for trim I've used and neither was designed for trim in teh first place, is Armor All Tire Foam and Duragloss Leather and Vinyl dressing. AA looks nice and beads water off trim (I spray it on while vehicle is wet, then rub it around trim after sitting and wash off), and DG does the same, and neither run in the rain.

I find different car manufacturers use different types of plastic trim. Depending on the type of trim used different products work better or worse.

Doesn't it run in the rain though? I searched on other boards and foudn to many people saying it would run and leave streaks on paint after rain:o

So far only good stuff for trim I've used and neither was designed for trim in teh first place, is Armor All Tire Foam and Duragloss Leather and Vinyl dressing. AA looks nice and beads water off trim (I spray it on while vehicle is wet, then rub it around trim after sitting and wash off), and DG does the same, and neither run in the rain.

That's b/c they give you a nice matte finish and are water based. AA is silicon based and degrades the trim over time.

Klasse AIO does chemically remove other polishes, sealants, and oxidation so it now seems like it would have been a good offering. Thanks for the update.

Back