PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.

clguidry99
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I have my first new car and was hoping to keep it looking great. I found this site a few weeks back and have learned a lot and am willing to put in the work in keeping my car tip top.

As of now the car is about 2 months old. I wash it weekly using two bucket technique, Adams car wash, Cobra microfiber mit and a microfiber waffle weave drying towel (Guzzler).

I clayed and waxed the car one month ago with Meguires clay kit and detail spray and p21s wax.

I use 1z cockpit for the interior and i have mothers tire cleaner and shine for the wheels. I keep the tips polished with nevr dull and the glass clean with stoners invisible glass. Everything is still looking good on the car in my opinion.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing a step or something. Should I be polishing or using a sealant? I do everything by hand. I've read some about Klasse All In One. Would my car benefit from a product like this?

I use microfiber towels for cleaning the glass and notice a lot of microfiber particle residue. Is there something that would work better when cleaning the glass? Thanks.

Arnie36
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
:welcome:

your process is very good :dblthumb2:

on regards to polishing, as long as you are not instilling swirls into the paint by washing, there shouldn't be a need to polish, unless unavoidable incidence, like road salt and removing ice and snow (damn you New Jersey!). a good 2 bucket wash should keep all the swirls off!
There are also pure polishes that fill in light swirls and create high gloss, if that is what you are after, but it is a pain to do everything by hand. (ask me how i know)

A sealant is a good idea, oftentimes i like to seal in all the polishing and work with a good sealant and then top with carnauba. so i have a long-lasting protection under the beauty wax. If you keep up with the carnauba every say 2-3 months, then you should be golden.

and give your towels a good wash before using :] or use a waffle weave glass towel.

clguidry99
06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks. Any recommendations on a good sealant for hand application.

Kaleb G.
06-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Thanks. Any recommendations on a good sealant for hand application.

Optimum opti-seal is my favorite of what I've used so far. Haven't ventured into the sealant world too far, though.