Any way to convert OPM to RPM?

Jeffrey

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to convert OPM to RPM. I have a PORTER CABLE 7424xp, DeWalt drill, and a Craftsman cordless drill.
I saw a Wolfgang Headlight Kit that stated when applying polish with a cordless drill use highest speed, a corded drill use lowest speed, a orbital polisher between 1200 and 1500 RPM.
My PORTER CABLE operates between 2,500-6,800 OPM. Is there a chart or formula that can be used to figure the difference?

No, oscillations are random so you can't do a calculation on them. I have heard that 1500 RPM = 5000 OPM, but that this with a grain of salt.

I used the WG headlight kit last week-end, and that confused me too. I decided to take a guess and i set my PC to speed 4 using 4" pads, and i got excellent results. My headlights were heavily swirled but NOT cloudy or yellowed. It took the swirls right out and made the lenses as good as new.

edit: kinda misunderstood your post lol. Short answer: i don't know. lol

I was looking for a way to convert OPM to RPM. I have a PORTER CABLE 7424xp, DeWalt drill, and a Craftsman cordless drill.
I saw a Wolfgang Headlight Kit that stated when applying polish with a cordless drill use highest speed, a corded drill use lowest speed, a orbital polisher between 1200 and 1500 RPM.
My PORTER CABLE operates between 2,500-6,800 OPM. Is there a chart or formula that can be used to figure the difference?
Don't know how you can compare oscillations to revolutions..completely different movement.

Back