folex to clean pads?

ride5150

Reaction score
ive been spraying folex on my pads after use, then rinsing well with water to clean them. i think that the ones ive been using are softer than the new ones i have. i really havent used them much, just a few times, but ive cleaned with folex everytime. should they be wearing out this quick? or is it normal for them to wear a little bit after their first few uses?

or maybe the folex is softening them?

Folex is great for fabrics but I'm unsure about foam, just hit it with a mild apc instead :)

folex is like $15 a gallon, not too bad.

ive tried megs apc+ at 10:1 on pads and it didnt really do anything, maybe i should try again because it really didnt even budge the wax stuck in the pad.

I've used APC+ and it works for me. I've also used Dawn as well.

i have used both megs at 4 to 1 and zep 4 to 1-never had any problems-makes for a cheap pad cleaner imo

+1 for Dawn. But it's the only thing I've used to clean pads so far...

Hey Richy,

Is this the same Zep products I've seen at either Lowe's or Home Depot?

Yep that's it. They have a citrus (orange) and a purple degreaser. They also have a glass cleaner there. I've never seen it at Lowe's only at HD.

I use dawn to clean my pads. Am I the only one that finds folex overated..?

I use Megs APC mixed at 10:1. It removes polishing oils easily, but for pads with LSP, I use OPC.

How do you clean the pads with Zep Citrus , 4:1 in a bucket , or just spray them and agitate . i would like to try this and would like more of explanation .

Thanks

Glenn

Back