Expert Advice Needed - Upcoming 1966 Chevy SS

jkk7479

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been getting a lot of business lately thanks to doing some jobs in some afluent communities. I have a quick question that I have been going back and forth with. A friend of my cousin wants me to detail his 1966 Chevy SS. While I was doing my cousin's car ( See Show and Shine section for 1996 Mercedes S320) I was using Meguiars MF cutting disk and the D300 Compound, then followed up with M205 on a few white CCS Polishing Pads. I did a quick test spot on the SS and I was informed that it was repainted. Most imperfections were removed, but I am thinking it could look better. I believe Megs stated that the MF system is only supposed to be used on Factory OEM Paint. How do some of you experts feel about using the MF cutting disks with M105 as the compound (Any experience would be terrific) and M205 on the White Polishing Pads? Or should I just stick to the Orange cutting Pad with M105 and the White Pads for M205. This was repainted in 1987 and I don't want to go anymore aggressive than this. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Back