Natty's Blue On Red?

Revearl

Reaction score
My Miata is Classic Red - not quite fire engine red, a little more orange than that, but close. So would I be better off with the regular Natty's, or Natty's blue?

Revearl said:
My Miata is Classic Red - not quite fire engine red, a little more orange than that, but close. So would I be better off with the regular Natty's, or Natty's blue?

You may want hands on advice on your question, but this may help a little if you haven't read already.

http://www.autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html

Well "blue" will give more depth. "Regular" will give more reflection. I haven't tried the "Regular" yet, but that is the feedback I have gotten I'm on my second tub of "blue", and I recently purchased a tub of the "regular" to try.

Mike T said:
Well "blue" will give more depth. "Regular" will give more reflection. I haven't tried the "Regular" yet, but that is the feedback I have gotten I'm on my second tub of "blue", and I recently purchased a tub of the "regular" to try.

So i guess another question is [ on a red color what looks better reflection, or depth?

So I take it that either will work OK on my red (didn't want to wind up with a purple car!) - I'm tempted to try both, one on the left side, other on the right!

I cannot comment on how it will look on red, but let me tell you: that is on EASY product to use! I had never used a paste wax before up until last month and was hesitant. A few turns with the foam pad on a heated tub of Natty's Blue allowed me to even but a thin layer down on the Dodge. I waited for 30 minutes and removal was a BREEZE with no residue of any kind. I LOVED IT!

P1et said:
I cannot comment on how it will look on red, but let me tell you: that is on EASY product to use! I had never used a paste wax before up until last month and was hesitant. A few turns with the foam pad on a heated tub of Natty's Blue allowed me to even but a thin layer down on the Dodge. I waited for 30 minutes and removal was a BREEZE with no residue of any kind. I LOVED IT!

That was the blue??

BILL said:
So i guess another question is [ on a red color what looks better reflection, or depth?
Solid colors look better with depth. If their are some minor imperfections left in the "finish" then you might go with more of a reflection look to distract eyes from a specific point.

I've only use the Blue, but I love it. I've used it on dark navy, light blue, and white. It genuinely darkens the paint and looks great.

Application is very very simple. I've only applied by hand so far with foam pads. Buffing off is pretty easy as long as you apply a thin coat (I foiund it easy to apply to much). There is no residue at all even if you do apply to much.

I would use NB on red, hell I just used it on my white, I love its darkened, deep wet look it gives.

Whitethunder46 said:
I've only use the Blue, but I love it. I've used it on dark navy, light blue, and white. It genuinely darkens the paint and looks great.

Application is very very simple. I've only applied by hand so far with foam pads. Buffing off is pretty easy as long as you apply a thin coat (I foiund it easy to apply to much). There is no residue at all even if you do apply to much.

You are dead-on about the thin layering. The first time I used it, it was 100 degrees outside and I put the layer on way too thick. I had a hell of a time getting it off!

Last time I did it, I made sure the foam pad was moist and I put a very thin layer on the hood, to where you almost couldn't see it. Worked a charm.

Revearl said:
So I take it that either will work OK on my red (didn't want to wind up with a purple car!) - I'm tempted to try both, one on the left side, other on the right!

Mine is red too - I would be curious to hear what you think after you try them both. I was leaning toward the natty Blue, as it said dark colors.

P1et said:
You are dead-on about the thin layering. The first time I used it, it was 100 degrees outside and I put the layer on way too thick. I had a hell of a time getting it off!

Last time I did it, I made sure the foam pad was moist and I put a very thin layer on the hood, to where you almost couldn't see it. Worked a charm.
What I do as well is chill a small mister bottle I have with some qd'er, and do like 1 or 2 mist per panel, makes any wax easy to apply thin and makes the product go farther, I ccan do ddamn near half my truck doing that instead of just using a moist pad. And when the wax hazes it kinda locks in the qd'er, adds a little more gloss.

Surfer said:
What I do as well is chill a small mister bottle I have with some qd'er, and do like 1 or 2 mist per panel, makes any wax easy to apply thin and makes the product go farther, I ccan do ddamn near half my truck doing that instead of just using a moist pad. And when the wax hazes it kinda locks in the qd'er, adds a little more gloss.

But does it hurt durability?

Surfer said:
You spray the car, not the pad then, right? What brand do you suggest for this - or does it make any difference?

Whitethunder46 said:
But does it hurt durability?
No, the mister I use is very fine, you can barely see it on the paint even at an angle. I put it in the freezer just long enough that it starts to freeze but is still an liquid, that way it stays chilled outside when I'm doing a vehicle.
ltoman said:
You spray the car, not the pad then, right? What brand do you suggest for this - or does it make any difference?
Well the pad always get at least a squirt of qd'er to keep it moist.

Surfer said:
No, the mister I use is very fine, you can barely see it on the paint even at an angle. I put it in the freezer just long enough that it starts to freeze but is still an liquid, that way it stays chilled outside when I'm doing a vehicle.
Well the pad always get at least a squirt of qd'er to keep it moist.

What does the "chill factor" play in this? Does the coldeness do something to the wax or do you just hold the mister bottle to your head to cool down while waxing? ;) j/k
I am interested in knowing about the chill, tell us more.

AL417 said:
What does the "chill factor" play in this? Does the coldeness do something to the wax or do you just hold the mister bottle to your head to cool down while waxing? ;) j/k
I am interested in knowing about the chill, tell us more.
Kinda like spit shining where apparently it causes the wax to harden a little so you can place another layer on (though if your wax doesn't have cleaners like NB shouldn't matter), except I don't do it for that, not sure why, I just like it chilled LOL. I used to put qd'er in little mister bottles, but Meg sent me a sample (even though I had it) of DG Fast Clean and Shine so I've been filling it with FCS and using that, that bottle is a really fine mister.

Back