OTC products? anyone?

bambo2888

Reaction score
are there any otc products you guys like to use? i want to spend some money at a local Advanced Auto or AutoZone, so I was wondering what products for any specific purpose you all like to use. Thanks.

I like meguiars interior detail spray and mr clean auto erasers for the tires.

actually, i got my stoner's glass there, and i have gotten some wax applicators as well as meg's nxt stuff and meg's 7, i think it was. 7.
i tried one of the eo wheel cleaners - they make like 4 - i picked the one that had no acids or ammonias, said safe for all wheels - I use it from time to time. we only have an ag! kragen is due to open spring. meguiar's leather stuff is nice too.

Last edited:
Armor All Tire Foam (the regular one, great cleaning ability, I even use under the hood to clean and protect or tires while wet to leave a good base for the gel, and adds a nice matte finish), and Armor All Extreme Tire Gel (nice, dark, wet look to tires and good durability).

Otherwise that's about all I use except for some Lexol products I had, Stoners and NXT that I rarely use. Duragloss can be bought here as well, but you have to go to this itty bitty hard to find Carquest store in Delray Beach. But you can usually find some other decent Megs products otc as well. And obviously the clay bar kits, my fav is the Megs smooth surface kit.

Hey, let me know as well whenever you want to try to meet up.

Last edited:
surfer is right. clay kits and aa gel and foam!!

Only OTC product I use right now is the Trigger Spray Invisible Glass. I like it better than the aerosol and buy it locally as I don't use glass cleaner fast enough to buy 5 gallons from Stoners. Some of the 20-25 Paste Waxes that I have were bought locally.

meguiars nxt insane shine for the tires...clay magic clay bar...stoners...and from time to time rain-x...my windshield wipers dont work fast enough for me :D

White95DodgeRam said:
meguiars nxt insane shine for the tires
Uggg, that stuff was crap, sprayed everywhere and hard to get an even coating (aerosol sucks) and doesn't dry, stays a greasy/sticky residue that's caked with dirt in a day or two.

yeah i noticed that as well so what i like to do is let it sit for a good 15 mins or more then wipe it down with a MF still gives it an awesome shine imo...

White95DodgeRam said:
yeah i noticed that as well so what i like to do is let it sit for a good 15 mins or more then wipe it down with a MF still gives it an awesome shine imo...
Oh my god what a mess lol, I live basically across the beach and my tries would pick up sand like crazy, with the Armor All Extreme Gel I can go about two weeks and very little dirt attraction. I tried relegating Insane Shine to wheel wells but that didn't work to well b/c the overspray got on the actual tread and it rained one time like two days later and I spun out comming onto a road lol (though having torquey 2wd V8 3.73 geared suv doesn't help lol).

It looked funny too, like a hazy sealant or something on the tires. I tried wiping down but it was making a mess with my towels and would leave towel fibers stuck on.

Here are the OTC products I use...

Meg's Quick Interior Detailer
Meg's Gold Class shampoo
Meg's wheel brush - although I haven't seen it locally lately, so i ordered from AG
Stoner's IG
Armor All (for wheel wells)
Vroom MF's from Target for general use

I think that's about it.

Surfer said:
Uggg, that stuff was crap, sprayed everywhere and hard to get an even coating (aerosol sucks) and doesn't dry, stays a greasy/sticky residue that's caked with dirt in a day or two.

They made a gel, new for '07, should be out in stores. I want to try it out. $5 for 16oz!

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailin

I pick up Stoners and Mothers product at Sam's Club. I usually get NXT or Gold Class car wash and tire cleaners from Walmart.

I like RainX, and I also got a bottle of the Advance Auto glass cleaner which works fine for me.

yea, so pretty much all of the same products I get from these stores. DAMN, i was looking for something new. Thanks guys!

Sevenrd said:
Meg's wheel brush - although I haven't seen it locally lately, so i ordered from

Check your local PepBoys or Kragen!

OTC I use...

Meguiar's...can be found at PepBoys, AutoZone, Kragen, Walmart.

-NXT Glass Cleaner
-NXT Quick Detailer
-NXT Car Soap
-Gold Class Car Soap
-Tire Brush
-Clay Bar Kit
-PlastX
-Scratch X
-Swirl Remover #9
-Water Magnet

Mother's

-Back-to-Black

My OTC list would be.....

NXT Car Wash
Meg's Clay Bar Kit
Meg's ColorX
(Best swirl remover that you will find in the stores. Comparable to XMT#2 but can be used by hand.)
NXT Tech Wax
(Liquid Version. Simply the best OTC wax. Acts like a sealant too. Very easy to apply. Make sure you do 2 thin coats for optimum coverage.)

You can get all of this for under 75.00. I used most of these items when I started and made tons of money.

Overseas OTC:
NXT paste
NXT All Metal Polysh
#26 paste
Mothers FX liquid & spray waxes
Mothers Reflections liquid & spray waxes + Top Coat
Collinite 885 & 845
Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss liquid

Domestic OTC:
1Z Glanz
Sonax Xtreme1 Full Protect
Sonax Nano Shield (NTS7)
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Sonax Gummipfleger & Reifenpflege
Arexons Speed Polish
Prevent Premium Car Shine

Dom. & Os. OTC:
AA Tire Foam
Gunk Engine Degreaser
Gunk Tire Shine

Mothers Reflection Line .. only I would consider. Well Duragloss but not easily found at retail in S Florida.

Back