Optimum Polish and XMT 1

Revearl

Reaction score
I'm looking for a swirl remover a bit more aggressive than XMT1; been thinking about Poorboys but understand it's a bit dusty. Is Optimum Polish (not Compound) really any more aggressive than XMT1? How does it compare to DP Super Swirl Remover? Or to XMT3?

Thanks for your thoughts - I need to make up my mind soon!

Revearl said:
I'm looking for a swirl remover a bit more aggressive than XMT1; been thinking about Poorboys but understand it's a bit dusty. Is Optimum Polish (not Compound) really any more aggressive than XMT1? How does it compare to DP Super Swirl Remover? Or to XMT3?

Thanks for your thoughts - I need to make up my mind soon!
If you are looking for something more aggressive than #1 why not just get #2? :confused:

Meghan said:
If you are looking for something more aggressive than #1 why not just get #2? :confused:

Agreed. OP and DP Mild Swirl remove will be in the mix of 2 and 2.5 BTW, in the same range as XMT #2.

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailing

Just wanted some opinions before I bought. Thanks.

XMT#2 is like #1 on 'roids. It's very good at removing minor swirls. You just have to let it work and use a lower speed like #5 on your PC. I get no dusting or pad clogging with it.

Optimum's Polish is very good as well. It's more pad dependant than anything. You use a tough polishing pad, swirls will disappear. Use a lighter pad for a more refined finish. No dusting with it either. There is a little more work since the PC takes longer to build heat and Optimums products are heat triggered.

It all comes down to preference. If I was buying just ONE line, it would be the DP line. The polishes are tough and do their job. Since they are not as good in the sun, I'd get the XMT line to go with them. You can get all of the DP stuff on sale now for 9.99. That's a stupid insane deal for such a good product.

BTW, I will be doing a complete DP detail at Detail Fest 07.

Back